OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

I've successfully installed based on this method - so thanks for your help!

I have 2 issues -

1. Trackpad is not working, need to use USB mouse - keyboard is fine

2. Sound - I have no sound.

Is it safe to run EDP to change mouse driver and install VoodooHDA?

Trackpad is working for me with VoodooPS2.kext, you may try different keyboard/mouse kexts.

For the sound download VoodooHDA.kext version 2.7.2, put it in /S/L/E and repair permissions and rebuild kextcache using Kext Wizard. :)

Hi.

I've tried each of the options in EDP v1.9 as far as trackpad and keyboard kexts and am still without a working trackpad. It's very confusing as I have 10.6.7 installed using the same EDP version and everything works.

I've also not had success with sound using VoodooHDA 2.7.2 in /S/L/E or in Extras/Extensions - perhaps I should use the installer package instead of the Kext directly?

Thanks,

James

Hi.

I've tried each of the options in EDP v1.9 as far as trackpad and keyboard kexts and am still without a working trackpad. It's very confusing as I have 10.6.7 installed using the same EDP version and everything works.

I've also not had success with sound using VoodooHDA 2.7.2 in /S/L/E or in Extras/Extensions - perhaps I should use the installer package instead of the Kext directly?

Thanks,

James

Try the installer. Remember to always Repair Permissions and Rebuild Kextcache using Kext Wizard.

By any chance has anyone gotten side scrolling to work in lion on their D630 I was able to get multi-touch scrolling to work using the voodoops2 kext from a kext package for the Dell m1530 from a guy named nhnt11 at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83039&st=4180 but its very sensitive and I would much rather just use old school side scrolling like in windows.

So here is the deal, I followed the guide, prepared the USB as directed in the insanelymac tutorial but stopped short of installing Extra package, instead used the one provided by simenoff, run the kexthelper repaired permissions, installed chameleon. But once I reboot and try to choose the USB from the boot menu it gives me Cant find mach kernel error and brings me back to HD selection menu. Any ideas guys what could be the reason. I followed the guide to the letter.