OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

Hi,

I'm running 10.7.1 on D630 (1440x900). Almost all runs without issue, however:

randomly the screen freezes (mouse pointer is moveable). I have tried to put AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext posted somewhere else, but this has fixed only the mouse pointer lag. (nothing is logged in the event log). Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hello @all.

I have a new D630, 2,2 GHZ Core2Duo, NVIDIA Graphics........and can not get him to boot. I have tried this manual and also a lot more which said to be working with the D630.

Error Message is: Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI...... IOPlatformExpert

Can anybody held me? I am no totally newby. I had a D420 working great with 10.5 and a P5W DH Deluxe.

Perhaps something with BIOS? I set AHCI for diskmanagement.

Thanks a lot.

Simon

I have no problem running 10.7 dpk4 on my D630 nvidia and I can't figure out why

im getting the Error Message is: Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI...... IOPlatformExpert.

Im using the same extra folder and DSDT.aml that worked in Lion dpk4 but its not working for the Lion 10.7 11A491.

I get that Error Message is: Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI...... IOPlatformExpert

slvclw

Hi,

randomly the screen freezes (mouse pointer is moveable). I have tried to put AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext posted somewhere else, but this has fixed only the mouse pointer lag. (nothing is logged in the event log). Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for any ideas.

Just a hint:

I have D630 with Intel GMAX3100, WXGA+ (1440x900). I'm testing the freezing issue, as so far I've experienced the problem only when attached to external monitor and with USB mouse. I'm monitoring now what will happen if I run all without those external devices.

Hi,

Thanks for any ideas.

Thanks!

It works!

The myhack method is great, I use that method. Yes you need to have mac installed, even if its in a virtual machine, like vmware. Ive attached my Extra Folder, when myHack ask for Extra point it to where ever you extracted the attached file and it will do the rest, rather than using the generic kexts it ships with.

here's the guide for myHack.

MyHack Guide

Extra.D630.Nvidia.zip

Just a side note. The extensions in the extra directory, I put them in /S/L/E instead of /E/E. You should in theory be able to use them from /E/E though.

The PS/2 Driver I included in this pack I have touchpad and J-stick working. but no scrolling, thats not a big deal for me as I dont use scrolling on the touchpad. I know there are others that work with scrolling in the EDP pack. the anv-slice version does, but the keyboard part of that kext only works when running OSX in 32bit mode, so I dont use it.

hope this helps.

To get Lion final installer to boot I ended up taking all the extensions ghetto style from my lion dpk4 install and dropping them in the extra folder. I have my current dp4 dsdt as well.

With that done I got Lion installer to boot and install on my Lion HD.

Only thing now is my Chameleon will not dectect Lion on first boot.

I was reading that Chimeria is the way to go with Lion "final". Or somthing like have your hard drive setup with Snow leopard and have Lion installed on a seprate partition then install multifail and Chimeria and it should boot from what I understand?

To me at least the guides I have found on booting Lion after its install are confusing.

Its weird to me that Lion DP4 will be detected by Chameleon and Lion "final" will not.

My drive before my multi partition im going to work on more tonight was just at 320GB drive with only Lion Final on it and Chamelon. And the Extra im using is the one before my entire kext dump of extensions into extra extensions folder. It has Lion installed on it but I have not been able to boot into the user setup so its file structure is pre Lion first boot. Maybe im missing somthing?

slvclw

have you tried using the dp4 version of the kext in final?