OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

Hi!

There is a little problem with my D630 Nvidia grafic chip laptop.

10.7.1 Lion runs very well, but if system starts from battery power, the QE/CI surface slows down.

If I attach the charger after that, then system accelerates.

If I delete AppleACPIBatterymanager.kext, system is fast even if I start from battery power. However in this case I don't have battery level display.

I have already tried Voodoobattery.kext with the same result as above.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks!

ps: The problem is solved: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1471

I have a Dell D630c and lion 10.7. D630c has a Intel 823xx integrated network card. It's working on Snow Leopard 10.4-10.8 but with Lion no go. I'v tried every Kexts i can find about intelE1000e.kext. So far, i can add intel adapter in network, but it does not work. It cannot obtain IP address from DHCP server, Only APIPA address. Using manual addresses does not work.

Any help on this?

All Users of D630 with X3100.

Are you getting random screen freezes in Lion 10.7 or 10.7.1?

When screen freezes I can actually still move mouse pointer and login to the system remotely via ssh and execute reboot command.

I need some help with that as this is a bit annoying, I have tried to replace some GMAX3100 kexts, but either it didn't work or I lost qe.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I ran the myHack application to get the image installed, then when it asked me for the extras I used the one provided on page one of this help. When I try to run the installer, I get the error message, Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

panic (Cpu0 caller 0x672901) Unable to find driver for this platform \"ACPI".\....IoplatformExpert.cpp

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=327

I have a D630 with the Intel chipset.

Thanks for the continued support.

Yep. I went in to double check it but then thought it had to be on since I have snow leopard running.

Ok so I think the problem was that even though I over-wrote the files in the Extra folder with the ones in the link it still didn't overwrite them. I then moved the Extras folder over and was able to get it boot into the installer but I can only the right half of the screen on the left side. Is there something to fix this?

you have a different video resolution then the dsdt.... look in your bios for the res. and look in the forum for a dsdt with your resolution.

Yep I guess that was it. I found another patch and now running in the installer. Thanks for the help.