Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Thanks again for all the help. Really enjoying using the Mac OS X. One thing I noticed after updating to 10.6.7 is that I lost the battery meter. I read about someone else having the problem with the update, but can't recall that there was a solution. Anyone running 10.6.7 with the battery meter working? What steps should I try?

Thanks.

Dell Latitude D620|2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo|4 GB RAM|NVidia Graphics|OS X 10.6.7|EDP 1.8

Is there some trick to getting the hackintosh to communicate with an HP OfficeJet wireless printer? It will see it with bonjour, but cannot communicate with it? I am wondering what steps I may be missing in trying to set it up. When I connect the printer via USB, there are no problems printing. When I add the printer via the local IP address, it sees it, but doesn't print. Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks again.

So anyone got 10.6.8 working? I downloaded and installed, but after that, I couldn't boot or recover. Fortunately I made a Time Machine backup before doing it or I would have lost my whole installation. I always ended up getting the error that my OS had shut down and I needed to power off. Tried safe mode, verbose, etc with no luck. Tried rebuilding the kext from EDP as well.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I wouldn't mind doing a little guide for the D620. I can email it to whoever would like it.

May I request one please. Here's what I had done so far:

- Installed OSX 10.60 from a retail DVD. It installed fine, except the ethernet and wifi didnt work. Realized I had an Intel Wifi card, so now I have ordered a Broadcom one which should be here in a day or so. I am still confused as to why Ethernet wasn't working.

I was using the leppy700m method of installing (The reason for that is I can't get USB Boot to work on this laptop at all. It shows in BIOS (v. A10) but doesnt recognize the UFD on boot).

IN short, I need help, a good tutorial of sorts! Have no idea what Kexts are.

Please help a brother out! My email: gurphatah at yahoo dot com.