Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Well, EDP 1.7 is an update strictly for OS X 6.7. It might KP in lower versions of OS X.

So, whenever you are finished with restore boot into your OS X (whatever version this might be 10.6.0 or 10.6.3)

Run EDP 1.7 installation

Configure the system for d620

DO NOT REBOOT!

Run OS X 6.7 combo update (download)

Follow instructions there (restart of the machine)

Now you should be fine. After your machine was updated to 6.7 and EDP 1.7 /Extra folder is in place - you are good to go.

thank you so much. i was able to install edp 1.7 and the combo update 10.7. my d620 boots up but sleep does not wake properly (my sound and trackpad does not work properly after waking from sleep. The trackpad has no scroll and the pointer moves randomly. I also noticed that at boot up, i get the black box that says i need to restart the machine. there is no kernel panic message behind it though. after restarting several times, i am able to get through the os. I hope this feedback gets to the developers. The same thing happens wether i upgrade from my working 10.6.3 upgraded to 1.7 or from a fresh install of 10.6.3 then upgraded to 10.7.

Well, step by step goes the man. :)

I don't have your machine but some of the things you are describing I heard of. Also, I don't know if all options of EDP I have you will have for your machine. However, look again into EDP 1.7. When you install the kexts via edptool, there are several options for mouse and trackpad. You might choose appleps2, voodoops2 and slice version of ps2 driver. Also, you can use two different power management setups, original Apple or (I think voodoo), well... "the other" power pack. I tried them all. In my case, if I choose this other power pack, Slice's modified PS2 and no support for PCMCIA cards, it works nice.

However, sometimes after the sleep I might see random movements of the mouse, I might lose the keyboard or a even a mouse button. In my case it usually helps to start the screensaver (I configured the right top corner for this), leave it for a minute or two and try again. Or close the lid and leave it until sleep kicks in. Open the lid and try again. Most of the times this does the trick.

Also, edptool offer some fixes I urge you to run (edptool, option 2) like touch to some crucial files, fixing of hibernation mode and such. Run them (at least first 3 of them), it might help. Usually does.

I am no dev, so my ability to really dissect the issues you have are limited. However, devs will read and jump in soon.

Hi, I'vebeen absent for a while, now i wanna back to OSX :) Any update to my _firstpost guide_?

I see we have new bootloader Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r665 >> chameleon RC5 ver.747 should i move?

And aboutEDP 1.5 >> 1.7

Any other updates?

thank you everybody for your help. i now have 10.6.7 running fine including the scroll for the trackpad. too bad i cant remember the exact options i chose but i remember choosing no pcmcia and no powerpack. i now have things working smoothly except for some random mouse movement which i can live with. now the only thing i miss is a working sleep but i guess i can't have it because i didnt choose the power pack. how about making hibernate work instead? is this possible in d620 on 10.7? once again i want to thank everybody for your hard work and help.