Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

• Administrators
  1. you need to update your BIOS to the last one (A09 or A10 from memory) because that is what our DSDT files are based on.
  2. If, for some reasons and as you described it, myHack's "post-install" does not work/run as it should, I can suggest the following:
  • reboot off your USB installer
  • once at the SL installation main screen, do not proceed with any installation but click on Tools, select myHack and then manually do the "install Extra", "install myHack utilities", "install Chameleon" and "remove problematic extensions".

I believe that will get you set with SL.

Ok, I just updated the bios to A10.

I am making a new USB key now.

So, I should run myhack BEFORE I install the OS and install Extra", "install myHack utilities", "install Chameleon" and "remove problematic extensions".

Then install the OS? Reboot. Then update to 10.6.8 combo? Then Run EDP and configure for my machine? Should I do it in that order?

• Administrators

No.

• after you've created your myHack USB installer, you re-run myHack to add the boot pack (install Extra)
  • then you install Mac OS X
  • if, towards the end and as you described, you do not get the "post-install" questions, then proceed as detailed above (applying all actions to your HDD SL partition of course).
  • once you're past system finalisation at 1st reboot, download & install the Combo update 10.6.8 and, on completion of the update, do not reboot
  • download and install EDP
  • proceed with EDP System Build for D620 GMA LoRes
  • once EDP process is finished, reboot into SL 10.6.8

You probably do not need to re-install right now, just boot off the USB installer and proceed with the myHack actions as listed above (remember to apply to HDD SL partition, not to USB installer).