Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Hi All,

I am having same kind problems than DellBoy has. My sleep wont work. Or should I say its not working anymore.

I made clean multiboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) installation couple weeks ago and everything worked fine including sleep until yesterday.

Sleep stopped to work after I installed wine+winebottle and couple windows programs to check if they work through wine.

Now when I try to close laptop lid or select sleep from menu it tries to sleep but right after hdd light and other are turning off it wakes up like you get lid up.

Which system logs etc. should I check to get help? Or could I found answers from those?

I already tried to reinstall EDP with predefined settings and manual settings. Tried hibernation fix and pmset hibernatemode 0 and everything else I could imagine... Nothing seems to help. :( I even tried to uninstall wine+winebottle.

Pretty frustrating problem after clean install and excellent working setup...

forgot: D620 GMA

• Administrators

I've encountered that very same issue these last few days on my D620 nVidia: when putting it to sleep, it just wakes up. The only thing I recall doing was updating EDP to v3 r431 and re-installing the kexts.

Will have to try a re-install on seperate HDD to verify things, but it is annoying to lose something that worked really well before.

I'm sorry to take so long to get back to the forum but I'm having unexpected problems with my setups.

I made the changes that Hervé suggested to my D630 but since then it has refused to boot. It just hangs forever with the Apple logo on the screen. I don't think Hervé's changes are the cause of my problems though.

So, I dug out my installer USB drive with the intention of booting from that and running myfix on my D630 however, just after the Apple logo appeared on the screen, I got the message that my machine needed to be restarted and that now happens every time I try to boot from it.

To date I am stuck in this conundrum. I cannot boot from the HD or the installer USB drive.

I have extracted the HD and run myfix on it from my Mac but that doesn't help. I have made a new installer but that just acts like the other one and tells me I needed to reboot. I am baffled by this.

Even more puzzling is that neither my old or new installers will now boot my D630 or my D830! I don't understand this as I used the old installer to set the laptops up in the first place.

I am stumped by this particularly by why the USB installers won't work any more! I just followed the directions here - http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

• Administrators

download the bootpack and when myHack asks for an Extra point it to the bootpack for both when making the usbpen and when after myHack installs and asks for an extra point it to the usbpen extra as it should be the bootpack used earlier used to make the usbpen drive.