Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

Herve,

Just an update. Thanks to you for the tip, I have sound now.

At first, I tried playing with the EDPcommand then it wouldn't boot. Since I was in the early phase of everything, I just started from scratch.

1. myhack install as described here with "extra"bootpack for D620w/nvidia

2.After initial registration with Apple, I went online to INSTALL EDP.dmg

3. Run it for the D620 configurations.

4.Reboot the computer

5. Re-ran EDP then selected 'use my own' using the same configuration except I selected appleHDA.kext for the D620 when asked for audio. Finish set up.

6.Reboot computer

7. Everything is working!

Thanks so much for your help and to this website! I'll post a benchmark via geekbench and Xbench in a bit.

B

Hello,

I am a novice user, trying to muddle my way through installing Mac OS X Lion on to my Dell Latitude D620 nvidia..

Previously I have successfully installed Mountain lion on to my ACER Aspire 5920 G.

I am following the method correctly, using myhack and and EDP.

I have purchased a macbookpro Atheros AR5BXB6-M wireless card and replaced the existing intel 3495 wirlesss card.

I am currently having three issues post installation of lion 10.7. and update to 10.7.5

1. The wireless card isn't installed.

2. The 3G WWan Card is also not installed.

2. The lan (ethernet) drops out after a small amount of time after my EDP update and I up unable to get any internet.

I can however configure use a mobile phone or such device through blutooth and get internet that way internet..

Help PLEASE

Hello, Again..

I have realised that my details were not correct and detailed enough to recieve the full assistance of this forum, so I appologise

Attempting to install Mac OS X Lion on to my Dell Latitude D620 nvidia..

It has:

Intel 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo

3gid DDR2 ram,

NVIDIA Quatro 110 Graphics 

500gig sata Hard Drive.

Blutooth,

Dell Wireless 5500 Mobile broadband (3g HSDPA Minicard)

SCM Microsystems Smart Card Reader/writer (PCMCIA) as well as the existing smart card reader that came with the system

O2Micro OZ6912/601/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller.

I have purchased a macbookpro Atheros AR5BXB6-M wireless card and replaced the existing intel 3495 wirlesss card.

I am following the method correctly, using myhack and and EDP.

I am currently having three issues post installation and of the 10.7 Myhack install of lion

1. The wireless card isn't installed.

2. The 3G WWan Card is also not installed.

3. The lan (ethernet) drops out after a small amount of time after my EDP update and I up unable to get any internet.

4. The  Smart card reader writer is also not installed nor is the smart card reader that came with the system (O2Micro OZ6912/601/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller.

I can however configure use a mobile phone or such device through blutooth and get internet that way internet..

I am also able to update  to 10.7.5

I have separated my hard drive into 2 partitions correctly and am able to run win 7 with all devices working, and although the bios doesnt recognise the the Atheros wireless card it does work in windows..

Help PLEASE me get all my devices working!

I can be contacted through the forum, or directy on my email [email protected]

• Like 1

• Administrators

That Atheros card seems unsupported, it appears too old a hardware. You should get a Broadcom-based card like DW1390 or DW1490 that are supported out of the box. DW1395 works as well but will require the patched IO80211 kext or one of the BCM43xx kext. You'll find them with a little search on the forum or the Net.

No idea about the 3G WWAN module, no experience on that matter.

You won't get any PCMCIA support or smart card reader support either. I had tested a kext that could enable the PCMCIA slot, but that was at the detriment of network connectivity as previously reported. Again, do a little search on the forum and you'll find the details.

I'll have to look at the wired-Ethernet; it's a very long time since I last used it and, even then, that was probably only briefly and under SL. From memory, it ran out of the box, although I think there is a BCM57xxxx kext in /E/E that might control that interface.

• Like 1