Trouble installing Mavericks on Optiplex 9020

ktbos

Yes, the 10.9.0 image works perfectly with the guide and I was able to update it to the 10.9.1. 

I saw that many people had the same issue with the 10.9.2 upgrade and it seems to be related to the FakeSMC.kext but my tries to update it in the Extra folder failed...

I'll try to install the 10.9.4 on a new hard drive to test it. If it fails, I'll try to extract the DSDT from my windows hard drive and do the patching.

And perhaps, attempt a 10.10 install..

• Administrators

DSDT should be the same regardless of the CPU. SSDT is the table to be changed according to CPU for Sandy/Ivy/Haswell. You can either look for a pre-made file on the Web or make your own with one of the published guides (e.g.: at RampageDev's blog).

I made a lot of tests and I succeeded to install and boot on OSX 10.9.4 with an other bootloader because chameleon from myHack results in a bootloop..

I tried to reinstall Chameleon rev2378 but my computer instantly reboot after selecting the 10.9.4 hard drive..

The single way to boot on this 10.9.4 is with the CloverUSB Key and in the safe mode only...

Did I missed a config about the bootloader related to this OSX version ?

I put the generated SSDT into the Extra folder too but it seems to have no better effect.

Realz, I had no problem with the bootpack from the Guide.  Chameleon worked fine and booted fine for me.  Now, granted, our systems are not the same because of the difference in the processor, but that shouldn't impact the ability to boot with Chameleon. 

Some suggestions off the top of my head:  Make sure when you create the USB installer, you start with a USB drive that you completely wipe and repartition first.  Just to make sure there is no MBR stuff hanging around.  (Confirm in Disk Utility that it says GPT and not MBR at the bottom.)  Download the Extra directory from the Guide.  Substitute your SSDT, however, in the Extra folder after you download it.  Follow the instructions in the guide for creating the installer.  When you get to where it asks you to choose an Extra directory for the installer, you will choose the one you downloaded (as the guide tells you to) and since you've already put the new SSDT in there, it will go along for the ride.  For your 9020, going into BIOS setup and Reload Defaults, then switch SATA from RAID to AHCI.  Continue the install as described in the guide.  Then when you get to the point where you are completing the installation and it asks you for your Extra directory, again, you point to the one on the installer so your new SSDT goes along for the ride there too.  That should get you successfully booting up.  If not, then there's apparently more different between your setup and mine than just the i5 vs. i7.  Hope you get it working! 

• Moderators

Realz, Clover automatically patch the kernel. With Chameleon, you'll need to manually patch and add it. My boot pack has patched kernel for 10.9.0. 

Make sure you replaced it as ktbos did a few posts back for 10.9.4

Understood. It's clear now.

So, I added your mach_kernel to my Extra folder just before upgrading my 10.9.1 to the 10.9.4.

Everything seems clean. Thanks everyone.

Realz, do you have sound and hibernate working?  And if so, did you need to do anything more than what is described in this thread to get them working?  Any kexts different on yours than in the guide, for example?  

Realz, do you have sound and hibernate working?  And if so, did you need to do anything more than what is described in this thread to get them working?  Any kexts different on yours than in the guide, for example?  

ktbos, the sound is working, not the best sound but it's okay.

For the hibernate this is another story.. When it wakes up, I have one screen which is working fine and the other one is stripped with green and black lines forcing me to reboot.

I admit that's annoying but I fear to break something because it's actually my working machine.

So, no different kexts for me.

This is my Extra folder :

ddc143256f232aa092bc7b0b0547496f.png