• Moderators

snoopers,

Make sure to go to the Update section post #4 for the latest AppleHDA_IDT. You need the SSDT for power management and sleep. The reason you don't have SSDT.aml probably because you're missing IASL. Download this . Uncompress and save it to /usr/bin. Run the SSDTPrgen.sh again.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jake, indeed i took the wrong AppleHDA_IDT. I guess I mixed them up somehow. Anyway, sound is working now.

Sleep is an issue. Followed your suggestion and got a SSDT.aml. Computer goes to sleep and wakes up again a second later. But thats no showstopper so far.

Herve, are extensions from your guide usable with the setup I have right now? VGA output and Bluetooth might be a nice to have.

Hey all,

Sorry to hijack the thread, let me know if its more appropriate to start a new thread.

I've finally managed to reinstall OSX (10.11.6) on my E6330 and followed Jake's Clover guide.

I got a few issues along the way(a few kernel panics on booting and audio not working) but after rebuilding the kext cache several times it all seemed to work without any problems!

So thanks to Jake for the guide.

I've since run into a problem though, although audio works fine, it seems that jack detection has either stopped working or has never worked.

So if I want to use my headphones, I have to boot up with them plugged in.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

• Moderators

If you're running on battery, turbo is disabled with DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext.

If running with power adapter, then it's your SSDT.aml. Rebuild with SSDTPrGen.sh. You might need to run it with the proper switches. 

Run ssdtprgen.sh ? for help