ioncatana

Dell Inspiron 2350 El Capitan 10.11.6

First big thx. to osxlatitude!

I have now a new Machine, and I am quite far with the installation. I have installed the Mac OS 10.11.6 so far and I still need some input from you guys:

41x70JuD4BL.jpg

>>Hardware<<

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200M

Chipset: Intel HM87 Express Chipset / PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C4B

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Graphics: HD Graphics 4600 ( Intel Haswell-MB GT2 ) / PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0416

Ethernet: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit / works OOB

Audio: Realtek ALC3661 ( VoodooHDA doenst work -> kernel panic )

WiFi: Atheros/Qualcomm AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter / needs patch

Bluetooth: Works OOB

>>Audio<<

Jake Lo is right, the Audio is also regarding the realtekALC-100-script: ALC668

>>What is working<<

Graphics: QE/CI works with FakeID-Injection (+kext files) / still the image in the upper left corner looks a bit fuzzy :(

Ethernet: OOB

WiFi: kext Injection / pci168c,36

Bluetooth: OOB

>>Graphics<<

(normal window with fuzzy text in the bar)

image1_zps3k0hojwq.png

(fullscreen window and the text in the bar shows correctly)

image2_zps28r8ufof.png

>>Attachment<<

I have uploaded the DSDT ( original & patched ) together with the config.plist and the HWINFO64 extraction of the machine.

In the mean time I will check the other hardware parts to make them work: WiFi + Sound

Thank you in advance!

config.zip

dsdt.orig.aml.zip

dsdt.zip

DELL_Inspiron-2350.htm

ACPI-origin-2350-Inspiron.zip

We'll need all the DSDT/SSDT in the Origin folder to be able compile it successfully. Please compress and attach the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder

You can look at my E6440 guide re: HD4600 support.

Basically, you need to:

1. inject or fake desktop HD4600 id 0412 (because OS X does not support mobile version with id 0416)
  2. inject Azul layout-id 0x0a260006
  3. install or inject Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts. Add FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kext if you want/need HDMI audio too. HDMI audio will require the HDAU device in DSDT.

I recommend that you patch your DSDT to inject HD4600 desktop id + layout-id and adjust HDEF+HDAU devices. All this is detailed in the E6440 guide. Injection can be done through Clover and I guess that's what you're using.

• Like 1

I believe this is a Desktop AIO, so you could use the Desktop HD4600 ig-platform-id 0x0D220003, no need to use fakeID in this case, but maybe FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio for HDMI audio.

with the 4600 desktop I'm currently messing with all I need is to enable inject intel in clover. no fake pcid's or ig platforms or DSDT hacks. thats on Sierra though I haven't tried el cap.

I have been trying  all your suggestions regarding the Graphiccard, the only one that worked was from Herve. I have full QE/CI now, the only problem is that the bar in the top left corner ( the apple logo ) looks very fuzzy :( will upload images

Is there any solution for the Audio to make it work? AppleHDA injection/patch for ALC3661?

Regards

We'll need all the DSDT/SSDT in the Origin folder to be able compile it successfully. Please compress and attach the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder

The folder "origin" is empty. Do you want me to extract the DSDT + SSDT from Windows and attache it here?

Your config has patches for ALC282, your system has ALC668. Take a look at my Dell Optiplex 9030 AIO bootpack. it's also Haswell with ALC668 running on Clover.