Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Dear cp,

Can you zip your extra folder and attached it here please for other members to try and our incorporation into EDP.

Cheers.

Attached is my Extra folder.

I just want to let you know that my system is far from perfect, especially today ... many kernel panics.

Can someone point me to any source that can help me better understand the boot up process, troubleshooting, and how/where to log the boot up so that I can find out about the problems.

BTW, yesterday, I got the backlit keyboard from ebay; it cost $14 used and though it looks a little shiny in places, I would highly recommend it.

It took less than 5 minutes to install.

CP

Extra.zip

Dear cp,

Can you zip your extra folder and attached it here please for other members to try and our incorporation into EDP.

Cheers.

If it helps, I also posted my Extras folder in this thread.

I posted my method of installing ML on the E6400, which thanks to everyone in this thread, I was able to simplify to 5 steps.

Not sue why or what I've done but under about this Mac it says processor 1.5ghz instead of the 2.?? It should be. Does this affect performance and can I edit it to make it correct? Two days ago it was correct.

It doesn't affect performance, it's a cosmetic issue. There is a fix that escapes me at the moment, I have to run out for a few hours, will check on it for you and respond unless someone beats me to it.

Help

It might be my processor, I booted in win7 and did a performed performance test 1.0 score due to calculations per second being 1.0

Is it possible running Mac has over worked my processor, or something from when I changed the motherboard maybe? Is there a test I could preform to narrow it down between processor or motherboard?

If I do have to get a new processor which one is best?

did you have the power plug in when doing the test? speedstep usually underclocks when on battery check what options you have in bios for the feature.

Plugged in yes but on a old 65w supply instead of its usual 90w supply that's at work. Speed step and multicore option in bios. Should I disable speed step and retry?

Or could it have something to do with speed step and the fact I'm using a 65w power supply at home?

That is the only viable answer. If you're not using a 90W power supply, the computer is going to lock itself at a lower speed. The BIOS will tell you before you make it to your boot loader. (In your case, that option is off in your BIOS settings, but it's still going to take effect.)

So... use a 90W power supply to stop the problem. It shouldn't do it when your computer is unplugged.