Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

• Administrators

To get keyboard mappings + Command/Control Ok, use the following packages:

1. DoubleCommand:
    -> download and install. You'll then find it on your System Pref pane. Open it and select:
    • Command key acts as Command Key
    • Option key acts as Command key
    • PC style Home and End keys

-> then click on Activate and save for User & System (the latter will prompt you for your password)

[*]Ukele:

-> only open the package (do not install anything) and browse to the Logitech directory. Then look for the 2 keyboard definition files that suit your keyboard country and copy them to the /Library/Keyboard Layouts folder. You can then select that particular keyboard in System Pref. Pane - Language & Text -> Input methods tab.

For the TrackPad, try the ANV-Slice version in the EDP kexts (using own-defined settings).

To replace the Wireless card, it's just like Seb said: remove the narrow plastic cover in front of the keyboard (it lifts from the right with a small flat screwdriver or knife) and remove the 3 keyboard screws. You can then lift the keyboard by slightly sliding it forward (there are small nipples at the bottom to hold it in situ) and twisting it a little on the left and right side. You'll then see the mini PCI-E wireless card. disconnect the black and white wires and using that flat screwdriver again, unplug the card. Replace it, refit everything the way it was and you should be in business straight away with Wireless capability at the next reboot.

To get keyboard mappings + Command/Control Ok, use the following packages:

1. DoubleCommand:
    -> download and install. You'll then find it on your System Pref pane. Open it and select:
    • Command key acts as Command Key
    • Option key acts as Command key
    • PC style Home and End keys

-> then click on Activate and save for User & System (the latter will prompt you for your password)

<li>Ukele:

-> only open the package (do not install anything) and browse to the Logitech directory. Then look for the 2 keyboard definition files that suit your keyboard country and copy them to the /Library/Keyboard Layouts folder. You can then select that particular keyboard in System Pref. Pane - Language & Text -> Input methods tab.

For the TrackPad, try the ANV-Slice version in the EDP kexts (using own-defined settings).

To replace the Wireless card, it's just like Seb said: remove the narrow plastic cover in front of the keyboard (it lifts from the right with a small flat screwdriver or knife) and remove the 3 keyboard screws. You can then lift the keyboard by slightly sliding it forward (there are small nipples at the bottom to hold it in situ) and twisting it a little on the left and right side. You'll then see the mini PCI-E wireless card. disconnect the black and white wires and using that flat screwdriver again, unplug the card. Replace it, refit everything the way it was and you should be in business straight away with Wireless capability at the next reboot.

I didnt bother with any keyboard remapping - I made custom command and alt stickers for the keys so its more like a mac layout.

As for the trackpad - do you know any different kexts that support the trackpoint and secondary mouse buttons with 64-bit Mountain Lion?

Also, just installed a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD and put my 250gig in the Modular Bay - I can report that even though the 250GB HDD is connected by ata rather than sata, it has identical performance.

Seb

Thanks have installed Double Command and just selected the British -PC keyboard layout to resolve the @ " swap. Now working. Sorry for the newb question but how do I find and install the ANV-Slice. Found an ANV-Slice Modified folder in the Extra folder on my Macitude. Is this the right one and what do I do to install it. Would be good to be able to use the two finger scrolling but only if it doesn't mess other things up.

• Administrators

You can install ANV-Slice kext via EDP. It'll be in the list of offered kexts if you opt for your own settings instead of pre-defined ones in menu 1. But it won't provide you with 2-finger scrolling. Instead, it's all single-finger operations: move the mouse with a "light" finger on the trackpad and roll a "heavy" finger for scrolling.

You can install ANV-Slice kext via EDP. It'll be in the list of offered kexts if you opt for your own settings instead of pre-defined ones in menu 1. But it won't provide you with 2-finger scrolling. Instead, it's all single-finger operations: move the mouse with a "light" finger on the trackpad and roll a "heavy" finger for scrolling.

Hi,

In your signature I checked this line:

"Latitude D630, BIOS A18, C2D T7500 2.2GHz, 2Go DDR2-667, Intel GMA X3100, 1280x800, Lion 10.7.2 10.7.5 (the spare/parts box)"

I have same specs can you please help me install 10.7.4 or 10.7.5?

I am running 10.7.3 on it right now.

• Administrators

Well, this is a little off-topic on this post, but if you're already running 10.7.3, install the latest EDP (v4 release 7), apply the kexts and you should be good for a straight update to 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 without anything else to do.

Well, this is a little off-topic on this post, but if you're already running 10.7.3, install the latest EDP (v4 release 7), apply the kexts and you should be good for a straight update to 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 without anything else to do.

Thanks for your response. but I already have EDP and installed the latest one from the site but it does not show any updates for mac in appstore and I tried to install the 10.7.4 it says this volume does not meet the requirements.