Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

No joy on the 10.6.x kext. Maybe I still need to update the list of IDs as mentioned earlier. Do you know of any good way to get the vendor and module IDs? System Profiler is useless here; it gives me the IDs for my Saffire box, but nothing appears for the FW controller itself. I had to look through system.log to find what I tried earlier, but I'm not certain it gave me all the numbers I needed.

I got some sudden inspiration based on something I saw in another forum and the fact that the error I kept seeing said "link error": I had turned off FW networking. I turned it back on, and lo and behold the hackintosh now sees the audio interface! I'll have to see if I can revert to the ML version of the kext, but it'll probably work too.

I screwed up my OSX partition when I was trying to get rid of my old Ubuntu partitions, so I had to reinstall everything. I'm usable again, but haven't redone the firewire thing. I'm going to try using the kext from the 10.7.4 updater; I was seeing some odd behavior on my system once I got the SL version in place and working, it seemed to take out my system audio when I plugged in the Saffire box, then all sound quit working until I rebooted. No biggie right now, won't need to use the audio interface for a while. Thanks for your help, though, Bronxteck. It pointed me in a promising direction.

did you hold the windows button and click the volume icon in the top bar to select between audio? you can also do it in audio prefpane and midi setup.

Once I plugged the device in and opened Audio Midi Setup, my onboard audio just vanished. And after a while, the Saffire quit working quite right as well.