Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Hi Folks,

The WiFi card says it is a 14e4,4315 - the kext will not load for it to work! Have changed cards and tried the old AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext and other similar kexts. None would work. Please help if you can. Thanks

ok i have installed ML and working 95% ok but machine will sleep but will not shut down or restart.

has anyone else had this problem ?

im also having some strange things happening with myhack, when i try to run my fix it just comes up with strings of numbers rather than drive names.post-5118-036704500 1344811588_thumb.png

for some reason this has happened on 10.7.4 install (not 10.7.3) and on this 10.8 install... it hangs at ACPI: system state...

I also HAVE to boot off the usb initially, cause the boot loader doesn't work without it.... anything I'm doing wrong?

I take that back, it hangs at PCI CONFIGURATION begin.

Hi All,

Just wanted to add that this tutorial worked great on my D630 -- thank you! I took the slow and steady approach to make sure I didn't lose anything but all looks great. I had the same problem with myhack as above, but I just ran the command line and it was fine.

cheers,

-Albert

ok i have installed ML and working 95% ok but machine will sleep but will not shut down or restart.

has anyone else had this problem ?

im also having some strange things happening with myhack, when i try to run my fix it just comes up with strings of numbers rather than drive names.post-5118-036704500 1344811588_thumb.png

Yes - when you first install, a process called kextcache runs to rebuild the kext cache - the machine will not shutdown or restart until it is done. Just leave the machine on for about 30 mins until it has finished, and then they should work. As for your myhack problem, try booting into the intaller and running a myfix from there.

Good Luck!

Seb