Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Yes - when you first install, a process called kextcache runs to rebuild the kext cache - the machine will not shutdown or restart until it is done. Just leave the machine on for about 30 mins until it has finished, and then they should work. As for your myhack problem, try booting into the intaller and running a myfix from there.

Good Luck!

Seb

Do I let it sit for 30 mins after I have selected shutdown or while it's up and running?

Do I let it sit for 30 mins after I have selected shutdown or while it's up and running?

Either - it doesnt matter. It wont shutdown because the system is waiting for the process to finish, however i recommend just leaving it on until its finished.

Let me know if you have any success!

Hi,

I've tried to create the USB Boot with myHack and folow your instructions, but when I've finish the installation always appear the error Boot0 and BootTest.

I've tried also to boot from USB and select the HD in verbose mode without any result.

Could somebody help me?

May be my error Is when I created the USB boot with myHack, but always follow the instructions.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've tried to create the USB Boot with myHack and folow your instructions, but when I've finish the installation always appear the error Boot0 and BootTest.

I've tried also to boot from USB and select the HD in verbose mode without any result.

Could somebody help me?

May be my error Is when I created the USB boot with myHack, but always follow the instructions.

Thanks.

Hi,

The boot0 error sometimes comes up when using an SSD, if you are then you need to update chameleon.

Check you are in AHCI mode in the BIOS. (you could also try resetting bios settings to factory default)

Check you have an 8GB flash drive, and try a different USB port.

Try formatting the stick and putting the installer on it again - some files may have been corrupted.

Lastly try running myfix on the USB installer if you havent already, this usually fixes no/slow boot issues.

Hope this helped, let me know if you get it working!

Seb

Wow great guide. I have my d630 running ML now. I have a 1395 card which i got to work with a kext in another thread. I do not have sound though. It shows no sound devices in settings. I tried to use voodoo 2.7.3 from multifail but that fails to install then i get a KP about audio after that.

Also how are booting off the hdd after install. I get boot error unless i install a bootloader.

Got it to work, typing on it now.

Installed chameleon alone not using multifail and that made the sound not go away.

thanks!

hi, I am having some issue, still cant get to install menu

after i boot with usb. i can see some metalic window then white back ground with apple log. stays there long time and nothing(for about 30 mins)

i used myhack to build the usb, copy the extra folder to usb(replaced with the one already there). could not find myfix(looks like it was already comes with myhacks)

I have d630 2gb of ram.

any help?

hi, I am having some issue, still cant get to install menu

after i boot with usb. i can see some metalic window then white back ground with apple log. stays there long time and nothing(for about 30 mins)

i used myhack to build the usb, copy the extra folder to usb(replaced with the one already there). could not find myfix(looks like it was already comes with myhacks)

I have d630 2gb of ram.

any help?

Put your USB stick back in the machine you created it on (the one with My Hack on it). Start up your machine and click on the my hack program (which should be in your application folder). After authenticating, choose to run "MY FIX" from the menu (the menu you use to choose to create the USB stick). When asked where to run my fix, choose the install stick (not / which is your hard drive). When asked if you want to run a Full or Quick MY FIX, choose full. This should make your USB Stick usable to install.

Yes - when you first install, a process called kextcache runs to rebuild the kext cache - the machine will not shutdown or restart until it is done. Just leave the machine on for about 30 mins until it has finished, and then they should work. As for your myhack problem, try booting into the intaller and running a myfix from there.

Good Luck!

Seb

Yea, I've done that my fix, checked my bios several times, ensured im running nvidia graphics, etc, etc, etc... I've tried so many times, I've given up for periods of weeks but am still determined to get it runnin =)

I really don't understand why the 10.7.3 install is flawless, but when I try the 10.7.4 and the 10.8 i run into problems... with this PCI crap. I've tried the myfix recommended flags to no avail either.

Only thing I can think of, but haven't tried, is updating the firmware on the dell... i think im running A06 or A08... i don't recall off the bat, but I'm positive theres probably a newer one, I just don't see why that would matter...

What firmware is everyone else runnin?

Update to the latest bios (A11 i think) also, the bootpack I provide with this tutorial should already have the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext included in it.

If you get stuck on the PCI Configuration Begin please go back to my OS X Lion guide, where I adress the problem with updating to 10.7.4 and include a download with a few kexts that fix that problem.

Hope you get it working!

Seb