E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hi all,

For those with an e6410 with intel hd check out this post in insanelymac i think you will be very pleased:

[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics/

Also for everyone this post should be very important ( keyboard and trackpad support )

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/87182-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad-clickpad-support.html

For us remove in the plugins folder the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, it does not support our synaptics unfortunately. Maybe one day.

After edit the Info.plist and change the <key>ActLikeTrackpad</key> value to true and change the <key>DefaultResolution</key> to 120

and from terminal do

defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.trackpad.scaling 16

rebuild kext caches and reboot

Best Regards,

voidRunner

• Like 1

i dont know how every one is saying that it works.

for me ur method dint work at all it setup hangs at apple screen.

Hello bukraat and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the install, but I'm sure whatever the problem, with a little patience, we can help you through it!

First off, does your machine have the Intel or Nvidia graphics chipset?

Thank you guys for making this guide! Its quite complicated, but once you get it going, its amazing! You have made my E6410 more useful! I was wondering however, if you could let me know how to get rid of the -f flag that is set in chameleon by default. Is it still needed? I've got my E6410 up to the latest 10.8.3 update and running perfectly stable with nothing showing up in the console anymore that is of any concern.

Thank you guys for making this guide! Its quite complicated, but once you get it going, its amazing! You have made my E6410 more useful! I was wondering however, if you could let me know how to get rid of the -f flag that is set in chameleon by default. Is it still needed? I've got my E6410 up to the latest 10.8.3 update and running perfectly stable with nothing showing up in the console anymore that is of any concern.

You're welcome! I'm sorry that it is as complicated as it is. Hopefully I can simplify some things in the near future.

As for the -f flag in chameleon, it shouldn't be set by default. If it is, it is quite easy to remove. In order to check this, take a peek in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra (Open a new Finder window, and press Alt + Shift + G simultaneously, type in "/Extra" without quotes, and hit enter). Open the file with TextEdit. Copy and paste the content of the file here. 

I just want to make sure whether or not you do have a -f as a boot flag, and if you do, tell you the right way to get rid of it.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Here is what is in my boot file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x800x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>n</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Also, something a little more pressing, when I go to 'About This Mac' then 'More Info' and then displays, I see a monitor's icon. But thats not where the issue is, but I think thats the problem, the issue is I downloaded an itunes movie and it says "HDCP is not equipped on this monitor, connect an HDCP equipped monitor" or the something like that. I haven't had this problem on windows itunes, or even my E6400 ML itunes, but my E6400 has the Laptop's LCD in the icon in 'More Info'. Am I right? But what I really want to know... is there a fix?

Okay, well, you don't have -f as a boot flag, so unless you're manually typing it in (which you shouldn't have to do), the machine is booting without it.

As for your Monitor-showing-up-under-about-this-Mac issue, yes it is fixable. All it means is you have an incorrect smbios.plist in /Extra.

I can post a correct one here later. Just curious, but which pack did you use to install mountain lion? the normal one + 10.8.1, 10.8.2, or 10.8.3? I only ask so I can see if the smbios in the pack is wrong too.