Lenovo Z70-80: Monterey 12.0.1 doesn't sleep and wake up correctly

lubeats

Of course @Jake Lo. With macOS Mojave everything works perfectly. I made it with many info that I found in internet. I think I mixed my EFI folder with another that I found. I used Clover for that macOS version and the EFI folder is included in my first post ✌️

And tell me, is possible enable my physical buttons on touchpad?

Hello @Jake Lo , sorry for not responding at the time. I tried the files at the time but they didn't work. After a long time I come back to the topic with the hope that you can help me. I have attached my current files, EFI folder and my system's ioreg file. I am currently using macOS Monterey 12.3.1. Everything works fine except the wake up function, if I send the computer to sleep it does fine but when I press any key to wake up the computer it immediately reboots. Please help me to solve it.

PD. I made a new EFI folder with OC 0.8.1

EFI.zip Lubeats’s MacBook Pro.zip

• Moderators

try this:

Delete the following
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement*

Reboot and set to these settings:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /dev/null
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a powernap 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Test this EFI on USB , ioreg if start.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_OKV6H763P2Q0Hwehu2SMArZzwLxLVJY?usp=sharing OC 0.8.1 + Kext release

I found a DSDT Bios of your Lenovo on Github, so I corrected the EFI. I added SSDT in the ACPI folder and some Kext that should activate some features, eg keyboard brightness correction and yogaSMC.Kext

• Administrators

@lubeats I think there are a few discrepancies in your setup. For instance, you've enabled the ACPI patch that renames _OSI to XOSI but you've no SSDT-XOSI patched table that injects the new _OSI or replacement method. As such, that patch is irrelevant and may cause issues as well...

One other thing I noticed in your IOReg is the absence of battery management driver under BAT0. This could be a potential cause for the reset on wake. I use mostly Clover and FakeSMC + ACPIBatteryManager kexts and that registers a driver under BAT0 in IOReg on all my Hacks. But I'll check my Toshiba laptop which runs under OpenCore.

Hi again @Baio77, I tried the EFI folder and the same problem. My laptop is Lenovo ideaPad Z70-80. I remembered that I found in another web a post with a Yoga or another laptop with similars specs from mine and I tried too but nothing. They have more knowledge than me and They can create a special files from their machine like the YogaSMC.kext that is include in the EFI folder you share. I'll continue trying with more options files.

I agree with you @Hervé, in the past when using macOS Mojave I have left my system running perfectly (including sleep mode). I remember well that someone on a website helped me patch my DSDT with the errors it had after extracting it. After that I applied the battery patch for a Lenovo G50-70 or Z50-70 laptop version that exists in maciASL. Later I added to my DSDT the patch for the sound card that I generated with another program and with it my Lenovo Z70-80 Hackintosh Laptop was perfect.

Question: would it be correct to use such a DSDT file that worked with Clover? If it were possible, I would have to look for the clean version of my DSDT that was patched to only apply the drum patch to it, since as I mentioned above, I added that patch and the sound patch and as currently to obtain sound I have used the patch that it generates Hackintool, said DSDT creates conflict for me since I had tried it more than a year ago.

PD. I deleted the patch: renames _OSI to XOSI and I tried it but nothing. I created this new folder EFI with dortania guide. I started to use OpenCore with the guide of that web without help from anybody when I become to OpenCore since Clover and the first macOS that I used with OC was BigSur

To solve the problems you mention it is not so simple, you need the ioreg of my EFI and only after you proceed with attempts to solve the problem, I am an enthusiast I am not a Hackintosh GURU.

Regarding the DSDT patch you had in EFI Clover, it would be useful to have it so that you can locate the patches and try it with Opencore to see if it actually fixes the problems.