HP Envy 17-k251na: display and audio issues in Monterey

Miguel-1964

• Administrators
On 1/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, Jake Lo said:

Your deviceID is incorrect, should be 16160000 or just leave it out. 

Absolutely, HD 5500 iGPU of i7-5500U carries device id 0x1616 (i.e. PCI id 8086:1616). Aso, Whatevergren's default BDW framebuffer layout being 0x16260006 for Broadwell mobile graphics, it's not necessary to specify that either with SMBIOS MBP12,1. See the WEG user manual:

BDW_default_FB.jpg

Re: audio, you inject full AppleALC kext that goes with Lilu. Recommendation is to use latest versions of the kexts. How did you establish that audio was ALC290? If in doubt, remove AppleALC and replace, even if only temporarily, with VoodooHDA (+AppleHDADisabler accompanying kext). You may then check the audio codec in Hackintool or, better, DPCIManager app.

https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/DPCIManager

• Administrators

Nothing to do with AFPS, something macOS uses since High Sierra. So Mojave also uses APFS file system. Audio sometimes requires to patch HPET for IRQs (interruptions). Maybe you need that. You would find typical patched HPET SSDTs at the Dortania repo and can re-use them. I attach an example.

SSDT-HPET.aml.zip

Ok, in the last hour I just installed Catalina and installed this: VoodooHda

Result: perfect sound from both hdmi and speakers, all Hackintosh distributions come from the same place and the EFI for Broadwell the same.

If I have installed from Big Sur to Monterrey with no result in the sound, then something is missing, and I refuse to ask the creator of these distributions what happens with the sound,

I see him as very arrogant and arrogant, here at least you answer me honestly and clearly.

The way I see it, I'm staying in Catalina for now (I seem to remember that both Catalina and Monterrey are in California :) )

Greetings and thanks. :)

• Moderators

Yeah, we don't support distribution here.

Since you have an OS running, you can download a clean image from Applestore.

Use the createinstallmedia command to create a new USB installer, keep the same EFI folder.

Now you can do a clean install on the system

• Thanks 1