New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

If you remove the 8gb ram, does it boot again?

No, still no sleep for nvidia. If you have time and an extra hdd, try removing all the nvda* and geforce* kexts from SLE, and enable optimus. See if you could get that to boot, you might then be able to get sleep with HD3000. You'll have to mod DSDT to enable HD3000 too. 

Great suggestion, Jake Lo.

I did give this a whirl but not involving another HDD, What I did, was ...

1. mv GeForce* and NVDA* kexts out of SLE

2. Dropped NULLCPUPM.kext back into EE

3. Rebooted into setup and enabled Optimus

3. bypassed my dsdt at startup w/ DSDT=/nada

and ...

The notebook just reboots.

I tried with both GraphicsEnabler= Yes && No

If I boot -v, I see the initial kext paths loading fly by and then right when the screen would stabilize to begin showing the console, the notebook simply restarts.

I'll try the usual -x, cpus=, etc. but this looks pretty bad right now ... not holding out too much hope here :(

If you remove the 8gb ram, does it boot again?

Yes, with only 1 memory bank of 8gb it works fine, and the  trackpad works with no problem.

With 2 banks of 8gb (16 gb total ram) i get a kernel panic, if i disable the vodoo kext it boots fine but i have no touchpad with 16 gb of RAM.

• Moderators

Yes, with only 1 memory bank of 8gb it works fine, and the  trackpad works with no problem.

With 2 banks of 8gb (16 gb total ram) i get a kernel panic, if i disable the vodoo kext it boots fine but i have no touchpad with 16 gb of RAM.

Can you boot with -v and post the error message?

• Moderators

Great suggestion, Jake Lo.

I did give this a whirl but not involving another HDD, What I did, was ...

1. mv GeForce* and NVDA* kexts out of SLE

2. Dropped NULLCPUPM.kext back into EE

3. Rebooted into setup and enabled Optimus

3. bypassed my dsdt at startup w/ DSDT=/nada

and ...

The notebook just reboots.

I tried with both GraphicsEnabler= Yes && No

If I boot -v, I see the initial kext paths loading fly by and then right when the screen would stabilize to begin showing the console, the notebook simply restarts.

I'll try the usual -x, cpus=, etc. but this looks pretty bad right now ... not holding out too much hope here :(

do you have a non-vpro processor?

If so, check out my guide here with help from tarfoh to disable the nvidia card through DSDT. I haven't gotten the vpro version to work yet.

do you have a non-vpro processor?

If so, check out my guide here with help from tarfoh to disable the nvidia card through DSDT. I haven't gotten the vpro version to work yet.

Ah, looking up my i5-2520m, it appears that I do have a vpro version.

I'll try to adapt the video mods from that DSDT in your link, nonetheless, then report back.

• Administrators

you might need to re dump and re patch your dsdt. the memory registers might have shifted. but I'm not 100% on that. if your machine allows booting without dsdt use the boot flag DSDT=null -v and see if it gets past that error.

you might need to re dump and re patch your dsdt. the memory registers might have shifted. but I'm not 100% on that. if your machine allows booting without dsdt use the boot flag DSDT=null -v and see if it gets past that error.

Tried with DSDT=null, same panic.

Updated my Bios to version A13, same panic

I also created a new DSDT with DSDT editor (no patching since i don't know what to patch or what patches to use, just extract bios), and got the same panic.

So now if i want to use the trackpad i have to resort to 8GB of ram instead of 16.

I will try to reinstall everything from scratch using Mavericks and 16GB (right now im using 10.8.5)

Hello,

Thank you for this project.

I know this thread is more for Latitude computer. Actually I have a Sony Vaio Sb with ALPS SNY9014, and some of Vaio Sa users are able to use bpeman merge with their trackpad.

Normally Vaio Sa and Sb users have the same ALPS touchpad, which is ALPS SNY9014. But on my Vaio Sb it doesn't work, and cannot find any solution.

If I use the kext provided by bpeman, I have the keyboard which works perfectly, but the mouse is very slow, and I cannot use it.

May I know if any of you has the same ALPS whith a working kext please ? And if you had the same problem ?

Sorry for my english, I am french :/.

Cheers,

Adrien