Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Hi Private class, thank for sharing that updating 10.9.5 works except the audio.  Yes, I have been updating whenever I see new version and when I see the pop up for it, I think I've gone through 3 different version update since 03/34/2014 on my e6410.  As I have 2 e6410 and a real MB so I have just been trying it.  Ever time the sound card failed.  Just to provide real fact, I left my audio not working before upgrading to 10.9.5 just to see if it gets fix by itself but no.

Can you please try share how I get "newest VoodooHDA"  what do you mean by their site.  Sorry, I couldn't get that.

jli

Try and delete AppleHDA.next from /System/Library/Extensions and see if VoodooHDA is in /Extra/Extensions.

Hi all,

has anybody trying cloning the e6410 with 10.9.X to another e6410?  I tried it on one with CCC.  But more interest in creating a what they call a golden machine for cloning.  I am in the process of learning about imaging MACs

Thanks in advance.

jli

Disk Utility can make decent block-for-block copies of drives...

Hi

Deano019s,  Thanks for sharing the imessage fix, I think I ran something like that in the past on 1 out of 3 of my e6410 with NVidia card.  I lost track of my document on how exactly I did it.  I just generated a serial number for the 2nd e6410.  and other things.  I was able to get imessage to work and I also posted somewhere here stating that it makes sense as if a "mac" has not serial number it won't work the imessage.

ok, here is my question.  I don't get any return when I ran ioreg -lw0 it return a bunch of things, but adding | grep platformUUID gives me nothing.  I guess I didn't do stop 2.

When I bring up Chameleon. 2.2snv myhack 3.2 I couldn't find FileNVRAM.dylib anywhere in the Chameleon windows.

Please help. thanks in advance.

jli

Hi Patel,

thanks for you quick reply. 

I now have my golden image for a e6410.  I've got Mavericks, installed 10.9.2 via your guide and the me6410.zip with working audio right off the boot.  then upgraded to 10.9.5.  This time audio remain working.  thank for your magic.  I also have installed Win7 before installing OSX. now both OS working happily.  I still have a few E6410 all with NVidia video card and all with 250 GB of hard drive space. 

Now I am looking for a software to clone the whole disk so that I can slide the clone drive for the rest of my E6410.  I have use CC to cloned a single OS, OS X 10.9.5 and have it working but both CCC and Disk utility can only clone a partition, I guess I can make it work by using Disk utility to partition the new drive then clone it a partition at a time but not sure if it will work.  I also heard that I will need other Windows base clone software to clone the Windows partition. So I just like to see if of you have done it.

But my goal is to have a piece of software that will clone the whole hard drive.  

Next My end goal is to use Deploystudio, but I know Conezilla works, but I have not tried it yet.

If there are any enterprise experience on managing Mac. I am all ears.

Thanks all, have a nice weekend.

Joe

just sharing my findings for VGA/DisplayPort testings...

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7281-dell-latitude-e6410-nvidia-nvs-3100m-dual-screen-issue/page-2&do=findComment&comment=43444

wondering if anyone has the same issue, am on clover as well.

For the audio, have you tried Option (Windows Key)+Left Clicking the speaker icon in the menu bar and selecting the TV as the output?