Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Hi

I tried to connect my Dell e6410 laptop to an external LCD screen through the VGA connector of the laptop. I just got a black screen on the laptop and and same thing on the LCD. Any reason for that ? 

Hello everyone,

I am new here - led by Google to the superb guide by Patel.

OSX installs without any problems (E6410, Bios A16, Nvidia, i7, OSX 10.9.4) and, everything works,except that I cannot get imessage and the AppStore login to work. I'm now working my way through this thread from the beginning to see if I've missed some important step.

The AppStore fix is more important to me than the imessage issue.

Fix Efforts:

Tried deano019 and barkerman and no luck.

Any advice on what the I could be missing?

Thanks, and again, awesome work

• Administrators

imessage is currently having issues with authentication on apples side. also make sure that you generate a new serial number in smbios relevant to the smbios machine identifier you chose (ie MacBookProx,x) you can use chameleon wizard app. also make sure to have nvram.dylib module in /Extra/Modules the app can also help with that.

imessage is currently having issues with authentication on apples side. also make sure that you generate a new serial number in smbios relevant to the smbios machine identifier you chose (ie MacBookProx,x) you can use chameleon wizard app. also make sure to have nvram.dylib module in /Extra/Modules the app can also help with that.

Thank you for your advice.

When I try this step:

iCloud & App Store fix:

Download : Efi Studio 

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply. 

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio, change device to Ethernet, then click add device.

4. Copy this: 

<key>device-properties</key>

<string></string> 

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI  Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart 

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom. 

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time. 

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

upon reboot I have a blank/black screen.

Hello everyone,

I am new here - led by Google to the superb guide by Patel.

OSX installs without any problems (E6410, Bios A16, Nvidia, i7, OSX 10.9.4) and, everything works,except that I cannot get imessage and the AppStore login to work. I'm now working my way through this thread from the beginning to see if I've missed some important step.

The AppStore fix is more important to me than the imessage issue.

Fix Efforts:

Tried deano019 and barkerman and no luck.

Any advice on what the I could be missing?

Thanks, and again, awesome work

try this:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3115-mavericks-on-e6410-nvidia/page-25&do=findComment&comment=39283

but remember:

1, before you do the first reboot, make sure that the Ethernet Built In in the org.chameleon.boot is checked. you can do this using Chameleon Wizard.

2, then, do every thing in the above url and disable the WIFI on your E6410 to make sure that the ethernet on the laptop be recognized as en0 when booting up.

3, reboot and manually add network interface in System Preferences. Ethernet goes first. and use ifconfig to make sure that the ethernet card is en0. 

4, turn on your WIFI switch. now you may not have any working Internet. just reboot again.

5, try logging into your AppStore.

this does not assure you have a working iMessage. I am still working on that.

Did you call the hotline?

I spent 4 days reading howto's and trying to fix iMessage and FaceTime.

Then I called the hotline, as iMessage suggests, and it took 5 minutes and everything was working!

But AppStore and iCloud were working out of the box though...