Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Installed my wifi card (dw1510). Works well under Windows and OSX. Only ? is that under Windows, the wifi light is on (blue) and under OSX, it does not show. Wifi is working but no light. Any reason why ?

• Moderators

Installed my wifi card (dw1510). Works well under Windows and OSX. Only ? is that under Windows, the wifi light is on (blue) and under OSX, it does not show. Wifi is working but no light. Any reason why ?

That's a know issue for any wireless card in Hackintosh.

Thanks Jake Lo for the answer.  Since I still had the same problems with iMessage and AppStore, I did a full reinstallation from the start.  I followed deano019s advice for iMessage, I did generate a serial number with Chameleon Wizard, changed the PlatformUUID following instructions  and still no deal.  I generated again a new serial number wit CH Wizard, but still no go.  I could live without iMessage but AppStore appears to be a problem for getting new Apps or even any future version of OSX. As now, updates from AppStore are functionning . But I am unable to download new apps. Error  messages are the same as mentioned in post no. 259.  Am I a case apart or is this a known problem ? Is anyone with the same configuration having the same problem ? I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Jake Lo for the answer.  Since I still had the same problems with iMessage and AppStore, I did a full reinstallation from the start.  I followed deano019s advice for iMessage, I did generate a serial number with Chameleon Wizard, changed the PlatformUUID following instructions  and still no deal.  I generated again a new serial number wit CH Wizard, but still no go.  I could live without iMessage but AppStore appears to be a problem for getting new Apps or even any future version of OSX. As now, updates from AppStore are functionning . But I am unable to download new apps. Error  messages are the same as mentioned in post no. 259.  Am I a case apart or is this a known problem ? Is anyone with the same configuration having the same problem ? I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

Nope, this problem has been happening to other people as well...

Try barkerman's solution here

Nope, this problem has been happening to other people as well...

Try barkerman's solution here

thanks for answering. Done that but no go. Same problems again. Rough time for my optimism.

Another question. In About this Mac, system report, this machine is identified as MacBook Pro 8,1. In SmBios (chameleon Wizard), MacBook Pro 8,1 refer to a machine with i5 and i7 Sandy Bridge. Our i5 is not of that generation.  In the proposed list, it would rather be nearer to 6,1 or 6,2. Has this choice any importance ?  As I am new to hackintoshing, my question may be inadequate.

@patel4prez

I received your notifications for my message posted 23rd of july. Thanks. Seems that message disappeared !!!!! It does not show anymore. How is it possible . Was it erased for some reason ?

I understand quite well the necessity of avoiding duplicate postings. The removed message (95% similar because I think I did some small adjustments) not in the same thread, was intended to give news of my solution and thanks to the people like you who helped me in finding a solution. No big deal. We say in Québec. "C'est pas la fin du monde."

Salutations/Greetings

Hello to all.

Im from Germany and my Name is Musti.

With the help of this Community i managed to install 10.9.4 on my E6410 with NVidia Nvs3100m.

I first Install 10.9 > Update > 10.9.1 to 10.9.4 without any Problem.

Everything is working only Sleep and GPU is stuck on 405 Mhz and the NVidia Card is going in Idle from 70 Celsius to 85 Celsius.

I have HWMonitor installed with Fakesmc and can see the CPU and GPU Mhz.

In Windows 7 the GPU changes the Mhz from 100 to 600 Mhz and is at ~ 60 Celsius so there is no Problem with the Graphic Card at all.

How can we change that.

Thank you very much