Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

• Administrators

it would really please me if people actually bothered to read existing publications and threads or searched the forum before posting questions. The permanent spoon feeding is getting quite tiring...

Hi all,

Thanks Patel for the awesome guide.

New owner of a e6410 - Unfortunately, I have a desktop running iMessage no issues. But for some reason I still cannot get iMessage to work on e6410.

When logging into iMessage, either with incorrect password or a correct password - click sign in - you just see a spinning status bar next to the username?

I have searched and searched. Tried both methods from the troubleshooting area and no luck. Has anyone seen this issue before? I believe other users get errors regarding "Activation" as oppose to my spinning status.

UPDATE: Updating the serial with Chameleon Wizard  SMBIOS area worked! Thanks guys.  Awesome thread! iMessage is now working!

I done my Lesson and read the Fakesmc Tuning carefully.

But the Gpu is becoming hot and stuck at 405mhz. Its the 2. gpu State.

The Nvidia nvs3100m has 3 G-States. 1. Is 105Mhz 2. 405Mhz 3. Is 605Mhz.

I have done every possible Settings.

I have change the Smc Version to MacBooK Pro 6,1 like in the Fakesmc Tuning Guide.

Tried almost every FakeSmc Version with the Tuning.

Tried with DSDt.aml and without.

No chance. Gpu Throttling is not working.

I dont know why other E6410 owners do not ask about a fix because if you watch or play a Game the Notebook becomes very hot.

Any help is welcome

Thank you very much

• Administrators

Mmm, didn't we say SMC 1.57f18/smc-piketon for MacBookPro(6,1) and SMC 1.58f17/smc-piketon for MacBookPro(6,2)? 1.57f16 is an older SMC value for MPB6,2 by the way. You did not include your /E/E folder either, so I can't check things entirely...

Why do you have the following config in your boot plist?

• Enable C2 State
  • Enable C2 State
  • Enable C2 State
  • Bus Ratio 18
  • Ignore Boot Cache (-f)
  • No UseKernelCache
  • No Ethernet Built-in
  • No SystemType set to laptop

Get rid of the 1st group and enable the 2nd, carefully read the article/thread I mentioned before (about performance tuning), fix your FakeSMC settings (there are 3 keys, not just one + smc-compatible parameter) and you may have a system running better thereafter.

Your kernel and DSDT settings are not required either, these are the default values. No harm though I suppose.

I see you've used the patched AICPM, you've got the correct SSDT for your CPU too?

Finally, you probably don't need that older AppleACPIPlatform kext (v1.3.5 or v1.3.6 I suppose), Mavericks runs perfectly on its own original kext (well it does on the 3 different systems I have running 10.9.4).

Thanks Herve. Not sure if this guarantees progress but we'll see if kmbeatz may have sucess.

However I have tried several FakeSMC versions by myself also with smc-piketon and several SMC versions but all without luck. Currently using FakeSMC 6.10.1323 with 1.57f18 and smc-piketon.

If these settings are not relevant for GPU throttle which could be instead?

By the way is there a chance to see the current battery percentage on the logon screen before logging in the first time? All I see is a x'ed battery icon probably because the ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not yet loaded at that time.

However here's my HWMon screen just for information.

post-48910-0-62765800-1407352313_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Look pretty good to me, GPU throttling excepted but may be MBP(6,1) does not do it, I don't know. Did you give any thoughts to the Cuda driver? Did you also remove your AGPM patching?

For battery management if VoodooBattery does not seem to work, try another kext like AppleSmartBatteryManager.

The CUDA driver is working fine but didn't changed anything regarding throtteling. I have never edited AGPM (it was kmbeatz) but tried it yesterday without getting anywhere. Today I tried to install the Nvidia Web driver but it didn't installed sucessfully without saying what the problem was. Need to investigate further.

Edit: I'm now running the latest Cuda and Nvidia Web Drivers but still the GPU throtteling is not working (and also not the Nvidia Driver Manager). I believe that the NVS3100M is a model which is just not supported fully because the Chip GT218 was never used in any Nvidia cards built in by Apple. The GT330M uses the GT216.

• Administrators

Yes, that could be the reason; I thought both cards were based on same chip but I probably misread things in fact.

Out of interest, you may want to give the MBP5,1 profile (SMC keys=1.33f8), you never know; it's probably unlikely it fixes things, but nothing to lose I suppose.