[GUIDE] Mavericks on Dell Latitude E6420

npjohnson

NOTHING is working. XD Major pain in the butt.

Chameleon's new version isn't even, so I have to convert everything over to Clover, then Yosemite denies all older kexts versions (If you install an older version to SLE, the system won't load it at all, so for example AppleInteSNB, I installed the DP1 patched version in DP4, and then graphics wouldn't load at all..)  so I have had to re-patch everything from scratch, EVERYTIME an update comes out.

I couldn't get AppleHDA patched, so I had to resort to VoodooHDA. 

Our current DSDT and SSDT's don't support sleep under Yosemite. I had to re-dump and rematch both of those (a great learning curve for me :P).

Clover has been giving me a great hassle... I can't get UEFI under Yosemite whatsoever. I have to load in legacy mode. And every ~10th time the screen goes to sleep, when I come back, for some strange reason, it is at the Clover screen! I can't find any logs explaining why it is there either.

So it basically is a billion times more painful than Mavericks XD

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice.

I have an E6420, i5-2540M processor, Intel HD 3000 graphics (no Optimus) and BIOS A21. I downloaded the packages from the first post and have built myHack installers both with and without the included Extras. In any case, the USB drive boots to the point where I should see the installer desktop. Instead, I get a "plaid" screen (squares and bars) which fades to white over time.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks...

• Administrators

That'll be due to having the wrong DSDT I reckon. I had a very similar situation when I Maverick'ed my wife's E6420 (i5-2410M @2.30GHz, Intel HD3000 only with 1600x900 LCD) a few months ago. Fixed after using the right DSDT, getting corrupt ("plaid") screen initially. I guess it depends on your screen.

Well, I downloaded the Extra-Alejandro.zip file linked in JakeLo's signature. That gets me a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (same as in post #3 of this thread). 

Next I tried the Extra pack JakeLo posted in #16 to address the same issue. That gets me to the plaid screen.

So, I then tried adding the DSDT-HDMI.aml from the first pack (with appropriate changes to the Chamelon plist for DSDT name and resolution). Still going to plaid.

Further thoughts?

• Administrators

I've looked again at my wife's laptop and I corrected my post above because it's actually fitted with i5-2410M CPU and HiRes screen. BIOS is A06. I no longer have the Maverick build for it but will redo one and will post my /Extra afterwards.

For graphics, BIOS shows the following info:

• controller -> Intel HD Graphics
  • BIOS version -> 2089v11
  • memory -> 64MB
  • Panel type -> 14.0" HD
  • Native res -> 1600x900