npjohnson

[GUIDE] Mavericks on Dell Latitude E6420

I did. :-)

I've managed to get 10.9.1 installed and upgraded to 10.9.4 using your DSDT with the extras from JakeLo back in post #16. (That one has the SSDT for my CPU.)

The only problem is that I lost sound in the 10.9.4 upgrade. I've tried the version of AppleHDA.kext from your package and from both of Jake's packages, but no luck. Still checking threads for the fix for that one.

Other than that, all is well. Thanks, everyone.

By the way, I came to realise I had missed a couple of things in my initial /Extra so I've updated the uploaded file. It's all complete now.

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum, and to building hackintoshes. I've been reading through the replies and am a little confused. Has the non-working headphone jack problem been solved? if so, could the original post be amended to include the solution?

I haven't built my hackintosh yet (using the E6420), and I'm planning to use it for light music production, and hence will definitely need to know if I'm going to be able to use headphones or speakers before I undergo the whole process!

This is really such a wonderful resource. Thanks for all the info!

I figured it out... it was a hardware problem for me. I'll update the OP.

Just for reference... there is a small screw just above the Hard Drive screws that had come loose, and it caused the autodetection to fail.