Dell Latitude D620 Thread

vorob

FYI, I took a stable OS X Lion 10.7.2 install and upgraded to 10.7.3 through software update and have no adverse side affects. If I come across any I will let you know. Also, this did not mess with my IntelGMAIntegratedFramebuffer.kext that was replaced to fix the dim screen. I will check later to see if it's updated or not.

I've been using this same method and trying to install SL 10.6 retail using the zipped image mentioned in the very first page (i.e. SLD430USB.img.bz2)and I'm trying on a GUID partition external hard drive's 1st HFS+ partition. I've tried many times and every time it fails with the same message "Install Failed, the installer could not copy the necessary support files" (screenshot: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7337/20120211140106.jpg). Please someone help me fix this problem, I've been struggling with this for more than 2/3 weeks.

System: Intel GMA945, latitude d620, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 256MB Integrated Graphics. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that my first try was with SL Retail 10.6 and when that also failed giving me the same "Install Failed" error message (same screenshot) I started trying the customized Image thinking that might solve the problem. But my badluck, both failed. No idea how longs it is going to take before I can run OSX on my D620 system. Just a note that I've tried installing the same SL 10.6 retail Image on VirtualBox and it is working fine. Someone please help.

BTW, can someone confirm whether the SLD430USB.img.bz2 Image is working on not on Dell D620 with Intel Graphics. Thanks a ton.

System: Intel GMA945, latitude d620, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 256MB Integrated Graphics.

ok I currently have 10.6 installed on my d620 if I upgrade with the combo update I loose my wifi and cannot recover it. I have the kext written down somewhere I will have to find it. Is the order of operations

Install edp 1.9.2 (and configure)

d/l and install updates

set up kexts with a kext tool?

Been working at this for a while and just looking for some clarity. Thanks all.

I did the inital 10.6 install using Leppy700m's method.