Dr. Hurt

Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

what herve said. the kext is Dr.Hurts hard work not mine.

i had no involvement in it.

i did not have anything to do with writing the code for the kext. i just compiled Dr.Hurts last code he left us with so that we could try it.

• Like 2

I switched to this "Refined VoodooPS2Controller" from the "original."  With the original kext, I was using SSDT-DisableTrackpadProbe.aml to disable search for the unused Synaptics and Sentelic devices.  Does this "Refined" version also benefit from the SSDT-DisableTrackpadProbe.aml?

EDIT: My Refined VoodooPS2Controller configuration on my E6410 is as follows:

• Kext release 5
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed in CLOVER/kexts/other and /L/E with CLOVER > Inject Kexts > Detect
  • CLOVER boot flag vps2_findmousedelay=500 (left over from original kext)
  • SSDT-DisableTrackpadProbe.aml in CLOVER > ACPI > patched with only ALPS Glidepoint enabled (left over from original kext)
  • Command and Option keys switched (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys) (to compensate for key switch caused by the new kext)

After switching the Command and Option keys on my Latitude E6410, I had only one key that was misbehaving: the [ ` ~ ] key to the left of the "1" (one) key.  Changing my keyboard to ISO European (from ANSI) fixed this.  Now it appears that all of the keys on my Latitude E6410 are working correctly with Refined VoodooPS2Controller R5.

I have to say that I'm finding the ALPS Touchpad performance on my Latitude E6410 to be absolutely fantastic while running both High Sierra and Mojave.  GREAT JOB to all who contributed to this.  With the modifier key switch and the keyboard type change to ISO European, this solution seems perfect.  Thank you!

Hello,

need help with my touchpad. currently using the latest VoodooPS2Controller.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices:

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0008 Version=0500
N: Name="AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint"

2 buttons and a touchpad

tried R5 but no touchpad detected in sysprefs>trackpad

R6 final gives KP

desired: touchpad detected in sysprefs (so i can adjust to my preference), 2 finger scrolling, 2 finger tap to right click, single tap