Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

• Administrators

@efjoco: There is no problem with Chameleon as long as you use the Enoch branch (r2705 is current release and works perfectly).

With that Enoch Branch, it's best to use the recommended kernel.plist that'll allow you to use or bypass kexts placed in /E/E: KernelBooter_kexts option that you set to Yes or No. If set to Yes,  kexts placed in /E/E will be loaded at boot time, but not cached. This is same idea as kexts placed in kexts/10.xx with Clover.

You'll need patched AICPUPM kext(s) to avoid KP at boot time, otherwise you need to use NullCPUPM. Copies of patched AICPUPM are available under the Support -> Mac OS X forum sub-section. Use NullCPUPM to start with and until you've:

1) installed the patched the AICPUPM kext

2) generated your CPU-specific power management SSDT with Pike R Alpha's well-known generator script.

Chameleon is al ot less complicated to setup than Clover is. Then again it does not provide all those rich add-on features that Clover brings such as on-the-fly patching.

Look up my D630 El Capitan guide for instructions. They're the same for all Hackintoshes, except you use the specific computer pack of course, not the D630's!

Thx all help!

So I have a E6220 with i5 Intel Sandy Bridge CPU, 4GB ram, BIOS A13, 120GB Kingston ssd.

What not clear for me:

Should I use in bios uefi oder legacy boot option?

1.st I have with uefi boot from pendrive (clover boot ) succesfull installed.

followed this guide  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54621

2. Post installation will not work.

I can boot the system only with pendrive.

:(

• Moderators

Use Legacy as declared in the guide. 

:excl: Note1:  

For Exx20 (SandyBridge models), use Legacy - GUID Scheme. Not UEFI

Install Clover with the following settings in 1: Prepare Bootable USB Drive step 26 above:

• Install Clover in the ESP
  • Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR
  • CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

Hello Guys,

I managed to install El Capitan on my E6220 with i7 2620M. I had a problem for the past 3 months and I couldn't start the installer, whatever I tried.

The installer always rebooted the system after showing a line full of plus signs "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

I've added so many boot flags to clover and finally got the system to show some other error message before the "+++++++++++++++++++", but it was impossible to read it, because the laptop reboots after few milliseconds.  I created a video with my phone and then examined every frame and saw that the error is: 

panic( cpu 0 caller 0xffffff808032ffb6):"zone_init:kmem_suballoc failed"

I googled the error and I found that Clover has an issue if your only 4GB RAM stick is in DIMM-B , and not in the primary DIMM-A slot.

I changed the location of the memory module and there's no problem now.

I have a question:  Should I proceed with the "MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.7" which AppleStore insists that I install ?