Dell Latitude E6220

Leon

At least have the following kexts in E/E for system to boot correctly:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext 

FakeSMC.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I have all of these and a couple of others in there right now and it is booting fine right now. But what do I need to do to get the AppleHDA.kext that herve sent me to get the audio working? That kext file is in e/e/ right now, but the audio isnt working and if I go into sytems preferences>sound everything is greyed out.

Also, I ordered a dell dw1510 wireless card last night and I will have it tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do now so that it works when I get it installed tomorrow?

Thanks,

Chad

Here's a tuned up boot pack for E6220 for Mavericks. No need to run EDP. Launch myHack and select install Extra, point to this folder. 

SSDT tuned for i5-2520m. if you have a different cpu, generated another with SSDTPRGen.sh attached.

Thank you so much Jake!!! This worked for me and now the battery percentage is showing and my audio is working!!! Now all I am waiting on is to get my dell dw1510 in tomorrow so I can install. I have seen some postings on rebranding the card so it shows up as an AirportExtreme. Is this difficult to do or is it even necessary really?

Again I appreciate all the help and guidance and everything else you have done for me! I have actually come a long way in the past couple of days on all of this even if you dont think I have! Some of it can be confusing with different guides and myhack and edp and stuff like that, but it is making sense to me now :)

Hi Leon, still having trouble with sleep on e6220.

Everything seems to be working great (after swapping out wifi for AR5B91), but I just can't get it to wake from a sleep.

It wakes, appears to look like it's going to work, does a couple of things, then hangs so badly the only way to get out is to force power off.

I'm running everything on an external USB drive, thought this might be an issue, but temporarily moved the drive inside with the same result.

Running Jakes latest Extra with 6GB ram, A13 BIOS (set to default with sata set to ACHI).

It seems to be 'waiting for something' in my opinion, but am getting to a loss as to what.

Any suggestions/fixes??

(The only caveat I have is that I seem to have a bad trackpad that cuts out after a little while and I then have to use a mouse, it's the same in Windows too)