Yosemite on Inspiron 1720 with NVidia

griftopia

Okay I will use RAW DSDT I extracted and use the D630 pack. However, I thought my unpatched DSDT was result of prior KPs? Anyways I will try what you are saying. By the way, I"m using myHack to install the Extra folder. Hope that's okay? I was just planning on reverting DSDT and then using myHack to put the D630 pack.

I believe smbios and P/C states I'm using like you suggested. Same ones I used when I successfully did my e6500.

Last thing - what about NULLCPU...Kext? And can I just change whatever I have to 5.1 in smbios.plist? Or do  I need to change other parameters as well?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Device (HPET)                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {0}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {8}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {11}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {15}
                        Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                            0x00000400,         // Address Length
                            )
                    })
                    Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                    {
                        Return (0x0F)
                    }

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                    {
                        Return (CRS)
                    }
                }

thats what it looks like on the d630 modded dsdt

if i remember we added some and removed one in this section

​                        

IRQNoFlags ()
                            {0}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {8}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {11}
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {15}

it also caused random loss of devices if i recall like dvd, usb , wifi, bt compare it to yours.

So this is what I did.

1) Reverted to unpatched DSDT.

2) Replaced my smbios.plist with one from D630 pack

3) Replaced my FakeSMC.kext with one from D630 pack.

Did not use NULLCPU...kext even though I saw it in the D630 pack.

Boot from USB halts on..

GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start. 

4) Changed USB port, made it past above line, but now halting on ...

AppleUSBEHCI::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0xfd, timing out! (Adds: 2, EP: 1)

5) Used USBBusFix=Yes boot flag. Back to square one - KP on No HPETs available.  :mad:  :-(

6) Put NULLCPU...kext in Extra/Extensions of USB and applied myFix. Back to error in 4) above.  :?

7) Changed USB port, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout, followed by ACPIBatteryManager Timeout Expired. Entering familiar territory now  :-(  :-(  :-(

Please help. Or I have no choice but to go back to patching the DSDT with no end in sight.

• Administrators

When I mentioned my D630 nVidia packs, I was referring to these.

NB: Please note that extracting a was DSDT to subsequently load it "as is" is useless. OS X is perfectly able to load the (raw) table from BIOS. You only use a DSDT file if you need it modified, i.e. patched.

Err...I misunderstood when you say not patched. I will simply use D630 pack. I was actually using the one at below location filtered for Notebook, Core2Duo, Dell and provides D630 as the first result.

http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/

The location you provided does not have any links for my Graphics card so I tried with the one for 10.10 and without DSDT. I used all 3 plists including kernel.plist.

I'm getting the "No HPET(s)..." KP every time. Sometime during the boot. Sometimes while on language selection screen. One time made it to Disk Utilities and then got it. Attaching *that* screenshot here...

I tried with NULLCPUPowerManagement.kext - Did not help at all.

So I think did exactly what you said now without DSDT I am back at HPET kernel panic. What can I try next?

post-90049-0-53330800-1457624392_thumb.jpg

I found the EDP trunk for osxlatitude with a treasure trove of kexts and utilities  :|

Tried with NullCPU... and SleepEnabler. And NO dsdt, of course. No Dice. I did some reading and learnt this was only going to get me past the KP, if at all, and I would have to remove it after installation. Unfortunately it had absolutely no effect.

I'm totally deflated right now. Really appreciate any other suggestions. I feel I have reached my limits patching DSDT as well, so not seeing a third route at this time.

• Administrators

I've just looked at the specs available on Dell's web site and the Inspiron 1720 is indeed of similar architecture as the D630 nVidia: FSB667/FSB800 C2D CPUs, Intel GM965 chipset, ICH8M I/O controller, integrated GMA X3100 or discrete nVidia GeForce 8400M G (128Mo)/8600M GT (256Mo) graphics.

As such, I'm not expecting this AICPUPM kernel panic pictured above. There's no need for NullCPUPM on a C2D CPU.

@griftopia: please explain method used to create USB installer, specify the Chameleon version used and post a compressed copy of your full /Extra folder (bootpack). If you can include your raw DSDT, even better.

i has to be something simple we are overlooking since you can make it into install. some of those older machines also needed voodootscsync.kext. did you try the d630 nvidia highres dsdt?

No, but I will match the patience shown by you experts here and try everything you suggest. Just trying to keep my head straight. I will also try what you suggest.