Yosemite on Inspiron 1720 with NVidia

griftopia

• Administrators

they are both in chameleon trunk http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/nvidia.c

on lines 462 and 466 respectively so must be somewhere else or something changed between last chameleon trunk and whatever boot loader your using I'm guessing your on some form of chameleon. i did not check clover.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err...did I mess up again? I'm using chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (which I think is an older version of Chameleon?). In my early days with doing this stuff, I kind off got the idea if one had an old laptop one should use older version.

What is Chameleon version I should install on my i1720? Needless to say I will clean out my HD and then image it before I try this. My laptop has been working really well and I don't want to mess it up.

• Administrators

like the old adage says "if it's not broken don't try to fix it" lol

but seriously I'm not sure what the last working OS is for chameleon's main trunk is.... its been a long while since i have used chameleon. Herve is the one up to date with the chameleon boot loader.

Right now it seems the Enoch branch is the only maintained branch but you can't get the latest one from SVN only his compiled binary over at insanely mac has all the "magic". i am guessing that they do not want others to claim the work as there own as has happened in the distant past. a kinda sour note that still reverberates with the devs even to this day.

Okay, I thought Enoch only worked for El Capitan. If Enoch works for Yosemite, that's real great because it loads kexts from Extra folder reliably which is great before messing with the cache and resulting in unbootable laptop. Can I use Enoch with Yosemite.

PS - One of these days I'm just going to get another hard drive and try El Capitan on this laptop. Might be the best thing to solve all problems at once