Installation help with e6220

Ahmadfini

Model: Dell E6220 i7-2620m, 8GB ram, Intel HD 3000

I'm currently following pafkata's guide on running sierra on my e6220 using clover: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9383-dell-e6220-i7-2620m-clover-detailed-guide/

Everything works until the very end of the macOS installer where I get the error "building boot caches on boot helper partition failed". I have tried booting into the SSD anyway but get a boot0af error.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? (P.S this is the first time installing Mac on this laptop)

Thank you.

Try booting to the USB installer, select the language and then the disk utility. 

Select the installed drive and select repair option.

After repair, reboot with Installer and select the installed drive again.

Still no luck unfortunately

Or try this Enoch guide... It works.

Ill give this a shot, do I need to replace just the ssdt and dsdt.aml files for my i7 processor?

Yes, I recommend to follow the Herve's Enoch guide. It's definitely much better than mine. I made mine, because for some unknown reason many people want to use Clover and they send me private messages.

I am not an expert, but I have a perfectly working system without any issues.

I use Clover, because the first guide which I tried was about Clover and I don't really want to try to change the bootloader.

I can only guess that you have an awkward partition table or you did something wrong with Clover install options. Never seen this exact same error before.If something wrong with BIOS options or BIOS version - you may have issues with Herve's guide as well.

• Administrators

Does the guide say you need a different DSDT for different CPUs? No.

Does it say you need a different SSDT for different CPUs? Yes. Of course, it does; this is directly linked to obtaining CPU SpeedStep...

Guys, please follow the guides and don't look for complications where there are none. Thank you.