E6420 research thread

Stork

Go to open network preference -> turn wifi off -> turn wifi on

and then try to connect again. May have to try a few times or reboot again to work successfully.

Stork

I have tried it many times with no rersult.

First I get:Wi-Fi does not have an IP address and cannot connect to the Internet.

And then>

Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.140.11 and will not be able to connect to the Internet.

Anyu ideas?

That's really the last thing I neen to solve.

Thanks

well when you delete the network settings there is a button that says apply. do that before re adding the network

I tried many times with no result, it's not getting IP from common APs (tried on Apple Airport too).

The only AP that works is tethering AP on my Android phone (Desize Z or G2, CM7, a 2.3.7).

Hello,

For the owners of a Dell E6420 with the intel HD 3000 only. I've just managed to get the LCD display to work at native resolution in 10.7.2 by adding the DualLink patch. The driver still hangs every now and then but at least it's a start. HDMI out also seems to be working fine.

I have attached the patched DSDT file just in case someone wishes to test it .

Display override for the internal LCD display also attached with my EDID.

Br,

Mefte

DisplayVendorID-30e4.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

• Like 1

Dell Latitude E6420 Specifications:

•  
  • BIOS Version A08 (works for A06, A07 also)
  • Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz (Upgrade from i7-2620QM, also works)
  • 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 2 DIMMs
  • 1024MB NVIDIA NVS 4200M 14.0†HD+ (1600x900) Anti-Glare LED
  • TOSHIBA MK5056GSY 500GB 7200RPM (Also tried Seagate ST9320421ASG 7200RPM, and Samsung PM810 256GB SSD)
  • Dell Wireless Bluetooth 375
  • Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
  • Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Half mini-PCI card (Replaced the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205)
  • Integrated HD video webcam
  • IDT Audio
  • HDMI
  • SD Card Reader

[*]Have fun.

First of all thank you for documenting the E6420 OS X installation.

I have a near clone of your E6420 which I followed the general outline of your guide and installed OS X 10.7.4 ; I changed out the stock Wi-Fi card for a AR5B95 card a chased around to find a kext that would get me on line with WPA2.

My main problems are "Restart" hangs with the power mostly off and never cycles back; I have to hold the power button down to get the machine to power down. Shutdown does work.

And then sleep does not work.

Of special interest is that VMWare Fusion 4.n runs and I have XP Pro and Windows 7 virtual machines running concurrently. And the VMs can get to the internet through the Wi-Fi connection.

neil

Hello,

For the owners of a Dell E6420 with the intel HD 3000 only. I've just managed to get the LCD display to work at native resolution in 10.7.2 by adding the DualLink patch. The driver still hangs every now and then but at least it's a start. HDMI out also seems to be working fine.

I have attached the patched DSDT file just in case someone wishes to test it .

Display override for the internal LCD display also attached with my EDID.

Br,

Mefte

I have the Intel HD 3000 in my e6520! Can you please post in the e6520 section a tutorial for what you did at least regarding that displaygetting full resolution. I've been trying nearly a year now. Thank you so much

i ve try many think , i don't even remember, but hd3000 is working fine for me.

if you need some kext , say me with one an i will copy them for you

Seriously! Finally someone with Intel HD 3000 has got it fully working! now how'd you do it and can you post under the e6520 thread. I seem to be the only one with that GPU but I'm sure others will soon show up. Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to your help.