Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

I have a Latitude D630, BIOS A12, C2D T7500 2.2GHz, 2GB DDR2-667, nVidia 135M but I only have a Inspiron B120 10.5.7 OS X to work with as my "working" Hackintosh to create the boot USB. Is there anything I can do with this setup or should I try to get a snow leo or lion working on another PC in vmware? Also have tried to install snow leo various ways onto the laptop just to get a working myhack setup going but i get either kp's before or random freezes at install. BIOS settings are correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hello,

This tuto didn't worked for me.

D630 with quadro NV.

After installation, first boot is fine, but no way to get keyboard and trackpad working.

After instaling EPD, ML doesn't want to boot any more (after many boot retry, fixes from USB boot, sometime I can boot ML)

With -v, it's waiting after :

my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Loaded successfully

Any idea ?

Regards.

• Administrators

nVidia 135m or 140m?

Make sure you're running on BIOS A17 or A18 and that your settings are as per listed in dedicated thread. If you follow the process as documented in EDP section, you'll be Ok.

At install, boot with option 'USBBusFix=No', it usually fixes the lack of keyboard/trackpad issue, otherwise you'll need USB Keyboard + Mouse.

When you run EDP, don't use the pre-defined values but install the following kexts instead:

- ANV-Slice modified VoodooPS2 controller

- NullCPUPowerManagement

- SleepEnabler

- Emulated SpeedStep

- VoodooTSCsync

- patched AppleHDA for D630

- VoodooBattery

The run the Hibernation fix and install Chameleon. Install Chameleon Wizard too and edit your Boot plist in /Extra to tick-off USBBusFix option if it is selected.

I can guarantee this works on a D630 nVidia 135m.

You have a OS X-compatible Wireless card, right?

Hi,

D630 nvidia 135m

After 6 try of install from scratch, everything is finaly fine.

I thing the only thing I changed is the partition type (Journalized) as I use Journalized + Case Sensitive from the begining.

And more, keyboard and trackpad worked directly. No need to use USB keyboard and USB mouse.

Now everything is just perfect. Only iMessage thas won't connect.

Thank you for this great job OSXLATITUDE team. Of course, I write this post from my new Mac !!

Regards.

no matter what I try I can't get the snow leo installer to get all the way through without freezing, tried different retail .dmgs, all the different boot flags, etc. If it doesn't freeze completely before it always does right after I begin to install.. I am running BIOS v A12 though.. I thought it was the latest.. guess it's time to install XP again and get the BIOS update.. day 3, will keep posted on progress! thanks!

• Administrators

There's no need to install Windows to update the BIOS. Just download the recovery BIOS from the OSXL web site (Top menus: Tweaks -> Dell -> Custom BIOS Updates) and simply copy it to a USB key. Take out the battery, disconnect power cable, press END key and reconnect power cable. When battery LED appears in RED, count 1-2 and release END key. This normally loads up the BIOS .hdr file off the USB key and copies it to NVRAM. The laptop will then reboot with new BIOS.

Are you using our myHack+bootpack installation method?

• Like 1

There's no need to install Windows to update the BIOS. Just download the recovery BIOS from the OSXL web site (Top menus: Tweaks -> Dell -> Custom BIOS Updates) and simply copy it to a USB key. Take out the battery, disconnect power cable, press END key and reconnect power cable. When battery LED appears in RED, count 1-2 and release END key. This normally loads up the BIOS .hdr file off the USB key and copies it to NVRAM. The laptop will then reboot with new BIOS.

Are you using our myHack+bootpack installation method?

Thanks for the BIOS trick! ..I am currently using iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) method to get a working snow leo setup so that I can make a myHack ML USB.. still no go- closest I have got is a Snow Leo install USB that freezes at disk util/ and randomly right before installation. I'm about to give up and try to get a vmware setup going on my Win7 box and then delve into the ML install from there