Dell D630 Mountain Lion Install Guide

seb43654

Thanks for the great instructions and tools to install Mountain Lion.

I have a fast and stable install on my D630 NVIDIA with only one problem.

No audio.

Sound shows no input or output devices found.

What is my problem?

Thanks

Did you configure the Audio Setup of Soundflower?

post-4953-036389600 1351888386_thumb.png post-4953-070587200 1351888406_thumb.png

Select 2ch option. Which audio kext did you choose when installing EDP kexts?

I did not specifically choose an audio kext. Perhaps that is the problem.

What is (are) the names of the possible audio kexts that I should see in system/library/extensions?

Lots of my post got deleted, no idea why.............

I bought the D630 ntoi replace my T61 IBM. All for 99 dollars: 4GB DDR2 upgrade and the dreaded Quadro NVS 135, tyho I seemed to fix it just fine after removing the thermal pad and applying AS5. I am very competent with PC's. Anyway been using Unix anid Lnnux for 12 in some fashion, mostly day to day Linux. But I would love to give OSX a try. Im just vary confused about OSX86 install, looked the guide in this thread, seemed I needed an already working OSX machine, I don't have that. I don't mind using a semi earlier build than just updgrade from there. Like I said I am familiar with UNIX which is what I am interested in having commercial support from Apple while having a UNIX shell and being to compoile Android/Cyanogenmod builds and other AOSP builds. I do lots of AOSP android stuff.

BTW if someone can help with the installing stuff, thats my main goal ATM. I bet I could probably figure out kext stuff for my wifi and quadro stuff hopefully. Just wanna say if anyone has an Android that can support CM7/CM9/CM10 o9r other AOSP builds like AOKP (my fav)(im certain I can help you out as a gesture of thanks.)

So if someone can me a good start. I remember using some EFI tool to dual boot on my old MAcBookPRo 5+ years ago, but thatr eas some time ago. So if you can guide me. If you guys use gtal;k, sklype or anything lemme mknow. I didnt add skype to profile cause i never use it, but for this I would be willing. BTW the laptop is on Wiundows 8 Enterprise but I have NO qualms about deleting it, half my stuff doesn't run. And with boot camp i can easily install/run Win7.

So yes, please help a fellow out. I may be a newb to OSX but I wouldnt call myself a noob to Windows, Linux, QNX, BeOS and various Unix builds and FreeBSD or just computing at all. Help much appreciated.

Lots of my post got deleted, no idea why.............

I bought the D630 ntoi replace my T61 IBM. All for 99 dollars: 4GB DDR2 upgrade and the dreaded Quadro NVS 135, tyho I seemed to fix it just fine after removing the thermal pad and applying AS5. I am very competent with PC's. Anyway been using Unix anid Lnnux for 12 in some fashion, mostly day to day Linux. But I would love to give OSX a try. Im just vary confused about OSX86 install, looked the guide in this thread, seemed I needed an already working OSX machine, I don't have that. I don't mind using a semi earlier build than just updgrade from there. Like I said I am familiar with UNIX which is what I am interested in having commercial support from Apple while having a UNIX shell and being to compoile Android/Cyanogenmod builds and other AOSP builds. I do lots of AOSP android stuff.

BTW if someone can help with the installing stuff, thats my main goal ATM. I bet I could probably figure out kext stuff for my wifi and quadro stuff hopefully. Just wanna say if anyone has an Android that can support CM7/CM9/CM10 o9r other AOSP builds like AOKP (my fav)(im certain I can help you out as a gesture of thanks.)

So if someone can me a good start. I remember using some EFI tool to dual boot on my old MAcBookPRo 5+ years ago, but thatr eas some time ago. So if you can guide me. If you guys use gtal;k, sklype or anything lemme mknow. I didnt add skype to profile cause i never use it, but for this I would be willing. BTW the laptop is on Wiundows 8 Enterprise but I have NO qualms about deleting it, half my stuff doesn't run. And with boot camp i can easily install/run Win7.

So yes, please help a fellow ouwt. I may be a newb to OSX but I wouldnt call myself a noob to Windows, Linux, QNX, BeOS and various Unix builds and FreeBSD. Help much appreciated.

I bootstrapped my install by creating an OS X virtual machine inside VirtualBox; it was pretty straightforward once I had an ISO image of the install DVD. I installed it as a 64-bit OS X Server selection in VBox, then followed the instructions in this thread to create my thumb drive installer from inside VBox. Then I followed the rest of the instructions to install on my D630 and it's been fairly smooth sailing from there.