[Closed] DSDT/SSDT Patch request

EMlyDinEsH

• Moderators

Emlydinesh, is there a guide to create and patch your own ssdt.aml?  What I read online about it is a bit confusing, using a script to generate one.  I would like to add it but don't know where to start.  My cpu goes from 1.19 to 2.39 and back all the time.  I'm not sure if this normal, or it should speedstep better.

I have an i3 3110m.  

Check out this guide here by rampagedev, included link to script. Very easy to follow.

You can search for your processor specs here for Max Turbo Frequency and Max TDP.

Steps 9 and 10 will need to be updated. 

9. Now press enter and finder will open and you will see a file called SSDT.aml and copy that to the desktop

10. Open SSDT.aml and compile it in your DSDT editing application of your choice. Fix any errors that it my have

You won't find an SSDT.aml file in /tmp but ssdt-pr.dsl. I compiled it with Chameleon with no error. It'll generate an ssdt-pr.aml file. Rename it to ssdt.aml and place it in the Extra folder.

Ex. for an i7-3740qm, the max TDP=45W and Max Turbo Frequency=3.7GHz

./ssdtPRGen.sh 45 3700

Check out this guide here by rampagedev, included link to script. Very easy to follow.

You can search for your processor specs here for Max Turbo Frequency and Max TDP.

Steps 9 and 10 will need to be updated. 

9. Now press enter and finder will open and you will see a file called SSDT.aml and copy that to the desktop

10. Open SSDT.aml and compile it in your DSDT editing application of your choice. Fix any errors that it my have

You won't find an SSDT.aml file in /tmp but ssdt-pr.dsl. I compiled it with Chameleon with no error. It'll generate an ssdt-pr.aml file. Rename it to ssdt.aml and place it in the Extra folder.

Ex. for an i7-3740qm, the max TDP=45W and Max Turbo Frequency=3.7GHz

./ssdtPRGen.sh 45 3700

This script works but for some systems it doesn't and also the default GenerateP and C states flags does the similar thing but we need to modify the ssdt ourself for some extent to get best from dumps.

I'd like your help with my DSDT and SSDT as well.

I've already sent my files.

I'm using ASUS X73SV notebook with Intel Core i7 2670QM.

You can see all other details about the rig I'm using in my signature.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guy,

I have a little problem with my Packard-Bell TS11HR.
I installed ML 10.8.2, everything working perfectly without DSDT, only some functions should not be:

- Sleep
- Ethernet
- HDMI Audio

I have read the discussion you posted on osxlatitude.com that you have to patch the SSDT. So I followed your guide and sent you my files including the file ts11hr.txt created by me performing multiple read operations from hardware linux environment.
I hope you can give me an SSDT / DSDT working. Thank you very much for your efforts!

Anbole

As instructed by EMlyDinEsH I sent my IOreg from [email protected] the DSDT and SSDT already patched, but with no sleep. Also my unpatched DSDT. I have a Asus k53sv with a Nvidia Optimus i know will never work properly, but at least sleep would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please patch my SSDT and DSDT for Dell Vostro 1550

System - Dell Vostro 1550

Process - i3 2nd generation

RAM - 2GB

HDD - 320 GB

Motherboard - Intel H67m express chipset

I also have HDMI out that I want to use to connect to my LED.

Regards

Deepak Verma

moin you guys, got a question,

i have got an Dell T3400 with self extracted and working dsdt.aml .. b u t .. how can i merge the ssdt.aml into the dsdt.aml. o r must i create a single ssdt.aml ... and put it in to the extra folder ??

Last but not least ..... can i create the ssdt file with theDSDTE tool ??

THX in advance

dornkaat

p.s. i like this great forum :))