ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Maybe I forgot to mention that this "Not Working" issue affects certain touch-pads only. FocalTech, in my case. And please remember, on a hack, your mileage may vary as everyone has different system configurations.

Regards

Oh yes i forgot that too. It just works flawlessly on my hack thats why i shared mine. Thanks for the clarification :)

hi black.dragon74

I saw in your signature that you have the same asus notebook Asus X540 I have installed high sierra but I have not been able to work the touchpad in any way, no signs of life can you help me telling me how can I activate it? or if you do not mind, you may also go through the clover folder

Thank you

MOD EDIT: Please never quote the whole OP. Just quote the part you would like to emphasize on.

any update anytime soon my trackpad is acting up will be nice to be able to speed it up a bit even on Mac painter is still slow and maybe a bit more scrolling also touch gestures are not working right only 3 finger drag and drop works if I hold on ..

Edited by black.dragon74
No need to quote whole OP

hi black.dragon74

I saw in your signature that you have the same asus notebook Asus X540 I have installed high sierra but I have not been able to work the touchpad in any way, no signs of life can you help me telling me how can I activate it? or if you do not mind, you may also go through the clover folder

Thank you

A problem reporting dump would have been nice.

The trackpad on X540 (ELAN 1000) is on I2C bus whereas ApplePS2SmartTouchpad is meant for devices on PS2 bus.

Open a separate thread with proper problem reporting files and PM me the link of that thread. 

P.S: OSX-Debug dump is required, as pointed by Jake for we will have to patch DSDT for I2C bus. (Hint: Don't forget to press F4 at CLOVER boot screen to dump ACPI tables. Generate debug report after dumping origin tables)

Regards

any update anytime soon my trackpad is acting up will be nice to be able to speed it up a bit even on Mac painter is still slow and maybe a bit more scrolling also touch gestures are not working right only 3 finger drag and drop works if I hold on ..

If the trackpad is working for you, all the functions will work except you will have to use value 33 for right click instead of 21 (only on macOS 10.12+)

You need to configure it properly.

Have a good read of: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5966-details-about-the-smart-touchpad-driver-features/

Regards

• Like 1

• Administrators

You can start by consulting the documentation for your laptop on the manufacturer's website, especially the drivers; they often mention what hardware they apply to. Then look into Windows for the vendor & device id in Device Manager. Then, there are the usual hardware identification tools...

On the Asus S451LB, it would appear it's a Synaptics.

Of course, you're right @Herve. I saw my friend's laptop with same S451LB and it shows Synaptics. Then is it possible to get working smart gesture up to five fingers ? considering that the drivers I use in windows only reach 3 fingers