New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

I get a kernel panic as well.

Installed the driver from post #241 (it's this package:  Npjohnsonyeahoon Merge.zip). To me it looks similar to the error Stolidedog posted in #267.

I'm using a Latitude E6230 Core i5, with 2x4 GB ram.

Edit:

I tested the kext from post #222  (ALPS Mutitouch.zip) and used the normal version (not the debug version). With this kext my notebook booted and the mouse was "kind of working". Actually two finger scrolling is working but normal movement of the mouse pointer often hangs. So the mouse moves for a moment then it stops, then it moves again and it stops again. Very annoying behavior.

Actually I don't need all multitouch guestures, if only two finger scrolling and right click by two fingers was working I'd be happy. If anybody knows about a kext to acomplish this I'd be happy about a reply ;)

Thanks to anybody working on this anyways!

Edit 2:

I just installed the kext from the first post. The mouse works a bit better now but besides this the system behaves strange, with the screen truning dark then I've to login again or it tries to go to sleep. Very strange.

Last Edit for today:

The last thing I tested was the driver RehabmanMerge for the first post. The screen was not turning black but the reaction of the trackpad was not really good. Sotimes the pointer just didn't move and single click is not alwas recognized.

For now I'll probably stick with the normal kext without two finger scrolling, at least the pointer reacts the way it should.

post-10250-0-34983500-1389466245_thumb.jpg

@firefly1, hmm... no clue, me and yeahoon are currently both studying through the code to see if we can dissect why tgese KPs are happening, tge e6230 gas reported problems... However Ive noticed that these KPs seem to be non existant on e64xx series and (very few) on e65xx. Lots on the e62xx though. Will have an anwswer within a month or soo, sorry... this isnt an easy process.

Hi Nolen,

thank you very much for your reply!

Don't get me wrong this was by no means ment as a complaint. I posted this more for your information. So if there is some day a driver that's working for me too, I'd be very happy but besides this I'm already very glad that I've a very nicely working hackintosh with my Dell E6230.

This is a great community and I wouldn't have been able to do this myself - Thanks a lot to anybody involved in OS X Latitude!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I get a kernel panic as well.

Installed the driver from post #241 (it's this package:  Npjohnsonyeahoon Merge.zip). To me it looks similar to the error Stolidedog posted in #267.

I'm using a Latitude E6230 Core i5, with 2x4 GB ram.

Edit:

I tested the kext from post #222  (ALPS Mutitouch.zip) and used the normal version (not the debug version). With this kext my notebook booted and the mouse was "kind of working". Actually two finger scrolling is working but normal movement of the mouse pointer often hangs. So the mouse moves for a moment then it stops, then it moves again and it stops again. Very annoying behavior.

Actually I don't need all multitouch guestures, if only two finger scrolling and right click by two fingers was working I'd be happy. If anybody knows about a kext to acomplish this I'd be happy about a reply ;)

Thanks to anybody working on this anyways!

Edit 2:

I just installed the kext from the first post. The mouse works a bit better now but besides this the system behaves strange, with the screen truning dark then I've to login again or it tries to go to sleep. Very strange.

Last Edit for today:

The last thing I tested was the driver RehabmanMerge for the first post. The screen was not turning black but the reaction of the trackpad was not really good. Sotimes the pointer just didn't move and single click is not alwas recognized.

For now I'll probably stick with the normal kext without two finger scrolling, at least the pointer reacts the way it should.

Just set the z value if you're using the RehabmanMerge version and enable clicking in Trackpad. Problem is you'll have to set it after each reboot.

Thanks for your replies!

I just installed the RehabmanMerge-kext again.  At first the pointer was not reaction but then I moved the Finger Z button all to the left side the pointer started to move normally. But clicking by tapping the trackpad is not working any more. Enabling clicking in the System settings under Trackpad is not doing anything for me right now.

Then I removed the RehabmanMerge driver and installed the ALPS-TouchPad-Driver-v7 . After a reboot the neither mouse nor keyboard was working only the attached USB mouse was doing its job. Going back to the RehabmanMerge driver brought the keyboard and trackpad back but still no clicking. Then the system started to hang, for instance the user was loged out automatically :shock: .

Will play with this later a bit more, but right now I don't have the time nor the mood for doing this :-( .

Will keep you updated about any progress.

• Moderators

Thanks for your replies!

I just installed the RehabmanMerge-kext again.  At first the pointer was not reaction but then I moved the Finger Z button all to the left side the pointer started to move normally. But clicking by tapping the trackpad is not working any more. Enabling clicking in the System settings under Trackpad is not doing anything for me right now.

Then I removed the RehabmanMerge driver and installed the ALPS-TouchPad-Driver-v7 . After a reboot the neither mouse nor keyboard was working only the attached USB mouse was doing its job. Going back to the RehabmanMerge driver brought the keyboard and trackpad back but still no clicking. Then the system started to hang, for instance the user was loged out automatically :shock: .

Will play with this later a bit more, but right now I don't have the time nor the mood for doing this :-( .

Will keep you updated about any progress.

I'm using this debug version by yeahoon and this script  by gohmac. You can follow guide here to have the script automatically run after logon.

You just need the voodoops2controller.kext in E/E and run myfix(quick), nothing else. And enable clicking in Trackpad under preferences. Use side scrolling instead of 2 fingers which can be a bit of getting use to.