Latitude E7240

DLinkOZ

Upon my further testing, after I remove AppleIntelHD5000 files, i can boot into the system without any problem.

It shows as HD4400 now with 1536MB ram. The screen can scale but no brightness control.

I am unable to open the DVD player app

Upon starting Safari, the screen flickers a lot.

When adobe flash player asked for an update, it always shows errors and restart Safari.

I think the QE/CI is not yet fully enabled.

So been following the steps and guides for this install. I own a Latitude e7240, full upgraded with the exception of the dedicated graphics card.  Had the Mavericks (10.9.6) installer USB made off a Mac Mini using myHack and the updated Extras folder for the e7240/7440

Went into BIOS and changed RAID to AHCI, secure boot off, UEFI to Legacy BIOS

Went to boot up (F12), awesome reads the drive, loads the Apple installer. I hit enter screen then just reads EBIOS error.

Read some more on here and other forums, ran verbose -v

Runs all these lines and then just sits, saying can't connect to Bluetooth I think it was (waiting for a response?) Let it sit overnight, maybe it just took a while. Nope same screen.

So read up on EBIOS and from what I gather it is because something else is plugged in? Except nothing is.

I'm going to try and re-burn the USB but in a different format, not journaled extended maybe that will make a difference?

Any ideas or guides?

Dell Latitude E7240

1920 x 1080 P screen

WiGmax

SIM card slot

Touchscreen

i7 4600

16 GB Ram

Samsung 256 SSD - Currently running Windows 8, partitioned to 64 GB Mac format, 64 GB unallocated space, rest is Windows OS

SmartCard reading built in

• Moderators

The E7x40 models don't have usb2 ports, genericUSBXHCI will allow to boot off of usb 3.0 ports, no issue there. 

@Marine1342, you can bypass EBIOS error by booting with flag -v. Your main issue is your graphics is not loading.

I think you are installing 10.9.5, not 10.9.6. Which bootpack are you using?

If you're using from my guide E7240/E7440, you'll need to replace the kernel for 10.9.5. You can get that here.

Replace it in /Extra in your installer. Post your result. 

Well tried running through just booting by hitting enter, gives me the ebios error, when I try to run through with -v it just stalls out.

I'll try with the ne Extra folder you posted and we'll see where it goes.

Now I did notice that myHack does ask for whether or not it should set up the compatability for MBR or GPT.  I'm playing around with that to see what works best.

I'll post once I reset and see what happens.

Thank you much for your help so far guys.

I don't think sound is loaded in safe mode.

ok, boot without the DSDT. Boot with IntelAzulFB=12 -v -f. If it boots, then try to export the DSDT with MaciASL or Chameleon Wizard. It might be different for the touchscreen models.

Hi Jake,

I have an E7240, 8gb, 256gb SSD, i5-4310u, Mavericks

My machine boots with the "IntelAzulFB=12 -v -f" you wrote above, what should my next step be in fixing this and getting it working properly?

I think I need to generate my own DSDT and SSDT as my processor is different, which patches should I apply to it? Any advice on what  I should do next?

Cheers