Dell Latitude 7490 - Mojave

micheajp

Well all seems to be solved! It seems my NMVE SSD was a PM961 256GB from Samsung which caused all these issues. Now with Helve's config and tools it works right out of the box. Bloody PM961! Everyone keep away from that SSD! Thanks to all who helped me forward!

Well not sure if the touch screen works, but my 7390 works perfectly based on Herve's guide. Trackpad and HDMI work fine as well (trackpad buttons don't, but the tap on the trackpad is a great replacement). The colours of HDMI were pink, had to use a ruby script (Kinda of using this guide) and put the files in the appropriate folder and reboot. Works great!

Hi @micheajp - Wanted to update you that I managed to fix the pink/magenta tint issue in 2 ways:

- use patch-edid.rb patch to create custom profile override to force RGB output when OSX thinks you're connected to a TV. I followed this video for instructions 

- or, use a USB-C to HDMI output and route display using USB-C port - no patching required for this. This has the added benefit of properly routing audio out to your monitor if it has built in speakers, or a TV

I still have buzzing sound when headphones are connected with a jack. I'll have to figure this part out separately. 

@muttonhead411 the video issue I have is I'm using a USB-C hub from lenovo, and that goes via DP to my monitor.  Of course when booting windows I get full resolution.  When booted to macos the highest res I can get is 1920*1080.  this is a 4k monitor. Note the screen below - I've got plenty of memory, no amount of tuning has mattered. I've tried various utilities (switch res) etc.  This is a WQHD+ 3840 x 1600 monitor.

image.png.f2700d62367bb947138f049387e73755.png