Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Added D-Link DWA-121 rev A1.

attachicon.gif DWA121_rev-A1.jpg

Added Tenda W522U 802.11a/b/g/n USB dongle. Operates at 300Mbps.

attachicon.gif Tenda_W522U.jpg

Added NetGear WNA3100M 802.11b/g/n USB dongle. Operates at 300Mbps. On-Networks N300 is the exact same device.

attachicon.gif NetGear_WNA3100M.jpg attachicon.gif ON-Networks_N300.jpg

As i see added support for these devices 
I am planning to buy this.

The only confusion over here is i doesn't show rev A1 anywhere on the site.

Can you confirm this is the same device and i can buy it.

• Administrators

Can you confirm this is the same device and i can buy it.

Well... I would not put my family jewels in the vice on it and say "squeeze!", but I guess it must be the same device and that linked product is a pretty safe buy.

Download this and install these files to /S/L/E.

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio

FakePCIID

Then replace your config with the attached. I'm assuming you already have working audio patched AppleHDA working.

From what I remember, AppleHDA is patched, but I think it was ALC283 pre-patched kext, not patching on the fly.

Also, was there anything in the config that could prevent sleep/shutdown? So far, after a prolonged use, the laptop has massive problems with shutting down and sleeping. Sleep is spotty at best, but shutdown reliably stops working after ~5 hours of so of use. The system shuts down, the screen goes black but the power is still on and the laptop needs to be shutdown manually through a power button. Not sure why this only happens after longer use, haven't been able to find anything in the logs either.

• Moderators

Read post #692 to 696 regarding the patching on the fly kext and patches. You'll need to change the layout to 1 in your DSDT.

See if the new config fixed the sleep issue. I remove a bunch of clover patches that are not needed.

Regarding the shutdown issue. See this thread. I listed a fix in the thread I found, but follow at your own risk. I'll not be responsible if it bricks your system. :excl:

Read post #692 to 696 regarding the patching on the fly kext and patches. You'll need to change the layout to 1 in your DSDT.

See if the new config fixed the sleep issue. I remove a bunch of clover patches that are not needed.

Regarding the shutdown issue. See this thread. I listed a fix in the thread I found, but follow at your own risk. I'll not be responsible if it bricks your system. :excl:

Interesting about the shutdown. Will see what happens now and might try that solution if nothing else helps.

Regarding the audio. I've upgraded the system to 10.10.5, installed both kexts from the posts you've linked to and added the four patches from the config.plist to the one in my EFI/Clover. Still no audio, though. Does the DSDT/SSDT need to be modified to change the layouts?