Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Greetings.. Decided to tackle my wife's Dell Inspiron 5537 (HD4400) in an attempt to install El Capitan 10.11. I followed this guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6721-dell-inspiron-3x375x377x37-clover-install-guide/) and have managed to complete the install, install Clover to  the HD, install all posted kexts, and (attempt) to patch the generated DSDT and SSDT files. I was not able to compile the SSDT files until deleting SSDT-1.  Into my 6th hour,  presently I am not experiencing proper Graphics (screen flickering, trackpad lag, slow response, etc) and am unsuccessful with Audio (no recognized devices). HD4400 presently shows up in system profiler. I have ensured that the name of the DSDT is identical to that of the config. list in Clover. I am attaching my raw F4 dump as well as my patched files and config. list. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once again, thanks in advance to the champ moderators, and the amazing guide that I've (hopefully) abided to correctly. Peace!  ssprod

5537-HD4400.zip

• Moderators

Replace the Config/ SSDT/DSDT with attached

Install the attached AppleHDA_ALC283 to /S/L/E

Install this to /S/L/E

Then repair permission. You should have audio and graphics fixed. Maybe even HDMI audio if all goes well.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

/!\ re-uploaded files, seems previous was corrupted

5537_ElCap.zip