Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

So far the Hackintosh seems to be working fine on my Dell 5537. One issue however. From time to time, the touchpad becomes unresponsive and the only way to get it working again is to reboot. Anyone experienced that? I'm using the VoodooPS2

try hitting the [PrintScr] button - a couple times, that disables my trackpad!

Download this and install these files to /S/L/E.

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio

FakePCIID

Then replace your config with the attached. I'm assuming you already have working audio patched AppleHDA working.

Alright, so I updated my config.plist to add your boot args, and already had the fakepciid kexts installed, but when i use my HDMI out, there is never an option to change the sound output to [HDMI Output] in sound preferences.... 

I've been trying to get this working for ages lol 

• Moderators

@conedmiro

You need to patch your DSDT too.

Try this. Do a search for B0D3 after and replace with HDAU if found.

# Use this patch to enable HDMI audio for Haswellinto_all all code_regex \_SB_.PCI0.B0D3 replaceall_matched begin \_SB_.PCI0.HDAU end;
into_all all code_regex \_SB.PCI0.B0D3 replaceall_matched begin \_SB.PCI0.HDAU end;
into_all all code_regex B0D3. replaceall_matched begin HDAU. end;
into device label B0D3 parent_label PEG0 set_label begin HDAU end;
into_all method parent_label PEG0 code_regex B0D3 replaceall_matched begin HDAU end;

into device label HDAU insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method\n
{\n
  If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
        Return (Package()\n
{\n
"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" }\n
})\n
}\n
end;

try hitting the [PrintScr] button - a couple times, that disables my trackpad!

If only things were that easy ;) I can disable the trackpad with that key when it works (as far as I remember) but no dice in getting it back up. Voodoo2PS2 kext seems to be there and followed the instalation in the readme to the letter but I'm just stumped. Weird thing is, sometimes it does come back after a while!

Can you search the system log and search for 'Alps'?

Want to verify what manufacturer is your touchpad.

nothing with Alps, I'm certain it's Synaptics:

17/09/2015 18:29:42.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 8.1

See here, same advice I gave paddy111padam

Thanks. Will do! Also, I've noticed lots of 17/09/2015 18:39:22.482 powerd[48]: Failed to read current rating(0xe00002f0) warnings in my log. Is that from battery status? Thought I had that patched. How do I check if it's all as it supposed to be?