muttonhead411

DW1820a - the general troubleshooting thread

Really strange ... masked 3 Pins and worked perfect one day without any issue.

Started today and Wifi could not get activated....

What's going on here?

46 minutes ago, Hervé said:

I believe I had explained in may guide that combining compatibility with 14e4:4353 injection + boot parameter brcmfx-driver=1 caused issues to me. Try without the boot parameter.

What's interesting though -and that's probably key- is that your system runs Ok if you restrict the card to 40MHz. But is that on the 5GHz or, presumably, the 2.4GHz network band?

For 2.4Ghz the bandwidth is locked to 20MHz only adjusting the wireless router doesn't effect anything at all the bandwidth is always 145Mbps. For 5.0GHz I'm able to connect to all the bandwidth 20/40/80MHz only 80MHz is seem to cause many issues such as kernel panic at boot/restart and system sometime freeze. But I just try limiting the throughput(from 867Mbps to 780Mbps) while staying at Bandwidth 80MHz seem to work flawlessly. But I think I prefer to stay with 5GHz 40MHz to avoid random kernel panic on start/reboot/shutdown. Without brcmfx-driver=1 I always get kernel panic one time before booted up and the machine,  sometime turn on itself after shutdown.

Screen Shot 2562-08-21 at 19.29.34.png

2.4Ghz.png

5Ghz_limit.png

5Ghz_no-limit.png

5Ghz_wifi.png

Some may say "At last!"...

I'm installing macOS on a Latitude E7250 I just received. It's only got M.2 slots for WLAN/WWAN so I fitted in one of my DW1820A (OVW3T3) and, for the 1st time, I experience all the troubles reported by some many of you. Off to try out the pin-masking and playing with channel bandwidth...

• Haha 1